Issue: How to fix System Restore error 0xc000a004 in Windows?
Hello. I tried restoring my Windows PC back to a previous state using the System Restore utility, but I received the 0xc000a004 error code. What do I do?
Error code 0xc000a004 is a relatively uncommon issue that Windows users may encounter when attempting to perform a System Restore. As it may prohibit users from returning their system to a previously functioning state, this error can be annoying and disruptive. Investigating this problem's probable causes, effects on users, and solutions is crucial to understanding it.
When there are problems with the system files or configurations necessary for the System Restore procedure, the error code 0xc000a004 may appear. This problem can prevent users from properly finishing a restoration when they try to return their machine to a previous state. Because of this, their system continues to work as it does currently, which could be a problem if they are attempting to fix a serious problem like a software bug or malware infection.
The effects of running into error 0xc000a004 can have a big impact on users. For instance, they might not be able to use System Restore to return to a stable configuration if they are having problems with their software or operating system. This may make it more difficult for them to fix software problems, get back deleted files, or roll back modifications that might have caused system instability. As a result, users may encounter extended downtime and frustration while attempting to fix the fundamental issues impacting their systems.
Users may need to think about several troubleshooting techniques to fix issue 0xc000a004. These can involve using diagnostic tools to find and fix problems with the integrity of the system's disk and files, checking for corrupted system files, and making sure System Restore is enabled and working properly. Additional recovery measures, such as System Image Recovery or using installation media, may be required, in addition to running a System Restore from a different restore point.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix System Restore error 0xc000a004 in Windows. You can also run a system repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Check Disk
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- When the User Account Control window shows up, click Yes.
- In the new window, type in the following command and press Enter:
chkdsk c: /f
- If you receive an error, type in Y, close down Command Prompt and restart your computer.
- Wait till the scan is finished – you can then find the results in the Event Viewer.
Solution 3. Use a Different Restore Point
- Type in Create a Restore point in Windows search and hit Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab and pick System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Click Show more restore points.
- Pick a different restore point you tried last time and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to finish the process.
Solution 4. Start Volume Shadow Copy Service
The Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) is a Windows service that enables manual or automatic backups or snapshots of computer files and volumes. It's an essential service for System Restore to function correctly. If VSS is not running, System Restore may fail with an error.
- Type Services in Windows search and press Enter.
- In the Services list, look for Volume Shadow Copy.
- Right-click on Volume Shadow Copy and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, set the Startup type to Automatic.
- If the service status is Stopped, click on Start to start the service. If it's already running, select Restart.
- Click Apply and then OK to save your changes.
Solution 5. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Solution 6. Reset Windows
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Windows settings.
- Click on Recovery located on the right-hand side.
- Next, click on Reset PC.
- Choose the option Keep my files.
- Click on Local reinstall and then select Next.
- In the subsequent window, click on Reset and confirm your decision.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Once the process finishes, check to see if the issue on your PC has been resolved.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.