Issue: How To Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager?
Hello, after a recent OS update I have issues with Realtek HD Audio control panel. I tried reinstalling drivers, but nothing is changed. I used various sources, and none of them help to fix the issue. I downloaded the driver from the official Realtek site even. Most recently I discovered the issue with my headphones not working too. Can you help me with this?
Realtek HD Audio Manager is a computer component that provides various sound and audio improving capabilities and comes together with the Realtek Audio driver. People can increase and manage their sound quality by using this driver which provides such possibilities through the audio card. Usually, the manager appears on the machine during the installation process of Realtek HD Audio Driver.
This type of tool was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corporation that is located in the Hsinchu Science-based Industrial Park, Taiwan. It all began when in 1987 and developed into a worldwide organization Realtek. Nowadays, this corporation is known for producing high-quality products and has earned an excellent reputation.
Even though this tool is very handy for numerous Windows 10 and other system users, some people run into problems when trying to use the app. Different types of issues that are related to the Realtek HD Audio Manager get reported daily by the users themselves in online forums and various similar services.
Unfortunately, these types of problems can start from audio driver issues to not working applications or devices. The most common problems that relate to this driver are:
- Realtek HD Audio Manager missing.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager icon missing.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager not launching.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager not found in Task Manager.
- No sound.
You may receive the pop-up window with a specific error code or the message that informs about Install failure when Realtek HD Audio Manager causes issues on the computer. Since there are more than one cause and reason, the user should try a few things to resolve the problem entirely.
The most recent Windows operating system update may be fixed, and bug-free but other previous versions caused many problems with computers. Nevertheless, the operating system, programs, and applications are the ones that can cause specific frustration with Realtek HD Audio Manager reinstallation.
However, there is the possibility that hardware problems cause Realtek HD Audio Manager issues. You should check all the devices like sound card or speakers to make sure this is not the issue in particular.
How to reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager?
When you cannot access the sound control tool, or the audio driver is missing, you need to check Realtek HD Audio Manager and possibly other system issues. For that, install Reimage and run a system scan to see if any problems can be fixed before any manual solutions. It is possible that your device has malware which is causing these issues with proper performance. Thorough system scan helps with that too.
Method No. 1. Uninstall the current audio driver
- Press and hold Windows key + R and search for devmgmt.msc
- Locate Realtek Audio Driver in Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right-click and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- Follow instructions and Restart the device.
- You can also choose Action in the toolbar and then Scan for hardware changes from the menu.
- This way you can let Windows install drivers and then update them.
Method No. 2. Download the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver manually
- Download the driver from the official Realtek website
- Open installer file and begin the installation
- Locate to Device manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers
- Choose the driver and Update in the Right-click menu
- Choose the option of automatically searching for updates.
Method No 3. Restore the system to the previous point
- Launch the Run dialog window
- Enter rstrui.exe and press OK
- Follow the instructions on System Restore window
- Select Show more restore points and choose from the list
- Choose the time before Realtek HD Audio Manager went missing
- Confirm the restore point and proceed with the process.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools: