Issue: How to Delete Unroll.me Account?
Hello. A few days ago I discovered that Unroll.me has been collecting user data, which it recently sold to Uber. I am concerned about my privacy, and I want to delete my Unroll.me account and revoke Unroll.me’s access to my Gmail account as well. Can you explain how I can do it?
Unroll.me service claims that it aims to reduce inbox clutter in Gmail; however, it appears that the company that provides such email management system for free used quite shady methods to monetize the service. It turns out that email service, which requires access to user’s email account in order to help the user unsubscribe from annoying newsletters and mailing lists, was collecting certain information from users’ email inboxes, allegedly removing personally identifiable details and then selling such data to companies like Uber. The truth about such activities came to the surface as part of The New York Times story about Uber’s CEO; however, it seems that people got even more furious when CEO of Unroll.me, Jojo Hedaya, shared a blog post called “We Can Do Better.” Based on comments users posted below the “apology,” people tend to think that the CEO doesn’t feel sorry about selling user data at all. Therefore, many users are interested in Unroll.me removal methods and we are going to share them with you. The tutorial provided below explains how to remove Unroll.me account and revoke app’s access to Gmail account.
How to Delete Unroll.me Account?
Step 1. Delete Unroll.me account
- Log into Unroll.me and click on your user name, which is located in the upper right corner.
- Find Settings button and click on it.
- Scroll down until you find Delete my account link. Click it.
- Confirm your choice.
Step 2. Prevent Unroll.me from accessing your Gmail account
- Log into your Gmail account and click on your profile image (located in the upper right corner). Then, click My Account.
- Now find a section called Sign-In & Security. Look below it and you will find a link that reveals Connected apps & sites. Click on it.
- Here, click on Manage apps button.
- Find Unroll.me panel and click Remove button on it.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: