Issue: How to download iOS 11?
I turned off automatic updates on my iPad. However, I heard that iOS 11 is available and I want to try it. How can I download it?
iOS 11 is available since the middle of September 2017. iPhone and iPad owners, who haven’t disabled automatic updates, should have already received an alert to upgrade to the latest version of Apple operating system. However, if you are not excited about automatic updates, but want to get the newest version of iOS, you can still do it manually.
But first of all, you have to check if your iPad or iPhone is compatible with iOS 11 and backup your files in order to avoid data loss.
Devices that are compatible with iOS 11
Not all mobile Apple products can support the latest version of iOS. iOS 11 is compatible only with these devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus;
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch;
- iPod touch (sixth generation).
Backup your data first!
If your device supports latest iOS version, you should not rush to click “Upgrade” button. This process may not be smooth, and some problems might occur. Therefore, you should be prepared for the worst – data loss. You can backup your files using iCloud or iTunes on MacBook or PC.
Step to create extra copies of files using iCloud:
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on your name and choose iCloud (or scroll down to the end and choose iCloud if you use iOS 10.2 or older version).
- Choose iCloud Backup (or Backup) and check if iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now option.
- Once the process is done, you should check if it was successful:
- Open Settings > choose your name;
- Go to iCloud and choose iCloud Storage;
- Access Manage Storage and choose your device from the list.
iOS or older version users should follow this path: Settings > iCloud > Storage >Manage Storage > choose device.
Instructions for creating backups using iTunes and your computer:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to the computer. You might be asked to enter your device’s passcode or to Trust This Computer. Then, follow the instructions appeared on the screen.
- When your device appears in iTunes, select it.
- If you want to backup your Health and Activity data or Apple Watch, you have to encrypt data before creating copies. Otherwise, you just have to click Back Up Now button.
You can check if the backup was successful by following this path: iTunes Preferences > Devices (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Devices (on a PC).
Download iOS 11 from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Access Settings app and go to General section.
- Tap Software Update. After a couple of seconds, you should receive a notification about available iOS 11 update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Install iOS from iTunes
Another way to download iOS 11 to Apple mobile devices is to use your Mac computer and iTunes. Follow these steps:
- Connect the device you want to upgrade to iTunes.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Summary.
- Hit Check for Updates button.
- When you get a notification about available iOS 11, click Download and Update.
- You might be asked to enter your passcode, so type it to start this process.
Switching from iOS 11 beta to iOS 11
If you have signed in for the beta version of OS, you can upgrade either using your device directly or use iTunes as well.
Instructions for switching to from the iOS 11 using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Access Settings and go to General and Profiles.
- Tap on Beta profile.
- Choose Delete Profile to remove it.
- Enter your password. You might need to tap Delete button again.
- Shut down and restart your device.
If you want to use iTunes and your Mac computer for this task, follow these steps:
- Connect the device with iOS 11 beta to iTunes.
- Once connected, press and hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Release them when you see the Apple logo, and your device reboots to Recovery Mode.
- Tap Update on your computer.
- Tap Update again in order to download an install iOS 11.
- Click Agree on your computer in order to accept Terms and Conditions.
If you have some problems when getting iOS 11, you have to make sure that your device has enough free space to perform this task. If you lack space, you should uninstall some apps or remove other data.
The security of your iPhone is also very important, so it is imperative you stay vigilant. In January 2023, security researchers uncovered a massive operation targeting iOS devices, where 11 million users were affected. The large-scale fraud operation, dubbed VASTFLUX, which exploited Digital Video Ad Serving Template to spread scams to users and also exposed them to app spoofing attacks.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.