Issue: How to Fix Error 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) on Windows 10?
After the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I get an error “We can't find your camera – Error code: 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)” when trying to launch the front camera on my Lenovo T410. What steps should I take to fix that?
“We can't find your camera – Error code: 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)” is an error that strokes those Windows OS who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in particular. The problem happens when some of the update files are damaged or fail to install properly, which is why the inbuilt Windows Camera app may stop working properly. In addition, the culprit may be outdated camera drivers or third-party anti-virus, which may be blocking the files of the Camera app.
According to Microsoft engineers, WebCam errors take the leading positions of the current Windows 10 bugs and, unfortunately, they haven’t been resolved up-till-now. Therefore, the only chance to fix the 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) error is to initiate several system changes manually. First of all, we would highly recommend you to check the system foe malware or incompatible software. If that doesn't help, reset your camera app and update drivers.
Run a full system scan with a professional anti-malware
Malware and other serious cyber infections can negatively affect overall system's performance, includinga aplications. Thus, the Windows Camera app may start malfunctioning if a virus is hiding in your OS. To check that, run a scan with Reimage or another professional anti-malware.
Try a Clean Boot
To check if your PC contains an app, which is incomapatible with the Camera app, try the Clean Boot. If that would help, your task will be to enable the apps one by one to find out, which one is causing the 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) error.
- Click Windows key and type msconfig.
- Select System Configuration and open Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
- Open Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Click on each startup item separately and select Disable.
- Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration window.
- Reboot the PC.
Reset your webcam
- Click Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select App and Features.
- Locate Camera and click it.
- Select Advanced options and then Reset.
- Reboot the PC.
Update camera drivers
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Expand Imaging devices section and right-click on your system's webcam.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Then click on Browse my computer for software driver option.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Check the Show compatible hardware option and select USB Video Device.
- Click Next and then close Device Manager.
- Reboot the system.
Hoepfully, these steps helped you to fix the camera error 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED). If, nevertheless, you still cannot open the webcam or it shows the black screen with an error code, please let us know so that we would further analyse the problem.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: