Issue: How to fix KB5025239 fails to install in Windows 11?
Hello. I tried to install the new KB5025239 update on my Windows 11 system but the process failed. Is there anything I can do to get this update installed?
KB5025239 is a Windows 11 security update that includes a new feature called Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). LAPS is intended to improve Windows system security by changing the password for the local administrator account, which is a common target for cyber attackers.
In addition to the LAPS feature, this update addresses a compatibility issue caused by the registry's unsupported use. This problem can cause issues with specific software applications or hardware devices, resulting in system crashes or other problems.
It is critical to update Windows on a regular basis to ensure the security and stability of your system. Failure to install updates, such as KB5025239, can expose your system to cyberattacks and cause compatibility issues with software and hardware.
Failure to install this update can have an impact on users by leaving their system vulnerable to cyberattacks targeting the local administrator account. Furthermore, compatibility issues with software applications or hardware devices can lead to system instability or crashes.
Possible solutions for the issue can include running the Windows Update troubleshooter, manually downloading and installing the update, or disabling any software or hardware that may be causing the compatibility issue. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix KB5025239 fails to install in Windows 11.
You may also use a system repair tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Method 4. Use the Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Type the KB number KB5025239 into the search bar, and press Enter or click Search
- You will find many different versions on the update – you need to find the one that matches your PC specs and Windows version (as a home user, ignore Windows server versions)
- After picking the correct version, click the Download button and proceed with the on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once done
Method 5. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download Download.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
cd /d %windir%\system32
netsh winsock reset
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start cryptsvc
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your PC
Method 6. Use Installation Media
If none of the previous steps helped you resolve the issue, your current installation of Windows may be corrupt. Perform a repair installation and see if it fixes the issue of updates not installing.
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ April 11, 2023—KB5025239 (OS Build 22621.1555). Microsoft. Windows Support.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.