Issue: How to Fix "Something Happened" Error While Upgrading to Windows 10?
I can’t upgrade to Windows 10. The Something happened error message shows up and everything freezes. Why? I’m running Windows 7 at the moment.
Are you familiar with a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) window saying Something Happened? If you are, then you must be struggling with Windows 10 upgrade. Although this issue prevailed when free Windows 10 upgrade was available (not available anymore), people report that this Something Happened error still occurs. In most of the cases, this BSOD error emerges while upgrading using Media Creation Tool. Luckily, there are several things that you can do to solve Something Happened issue. These are the following:
How to Fix Something Happened Error While Upgrading to Windows 10?
Fix 1. Run Windows Media Creation tool as Administrator
- Right-click on the Media Creation Tool’s exe file and select Run as Administrator.
That’s it. Now you just have to follow the instructions provided by the tool.
Fix 2. Disable you antivirus
Probably you have already heard about the tendency of antimalware to initiate various conflicts and incompatibilities. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to disable/remove your security utility to fix Something Happened BSOD. For this purpose, you have to:
- For this purpose, go to the Task Manager by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete and find your antivirus there.
- Right click on it and select End Task.
- After that, navigate to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Find your antivirus on the list, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- If Something Happened error is gone, make sure that you install a professional antimalware tool once Windows 10 upgrading is finished.
Fix 3. Reset Locale and Language settings
- Go to Start and type intl.cpl in the search bar.
- Click Enter to open the window that contains information related to your locale, language, and other settings.
- Go to Administrative and select Change system locale.
- Select English (United States) and click OK.
- After that, click on Copy Settings and place ticks on Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts boxes.
- Once it’s done, click OK and restart your PC.
Fix 4. Fix registries
- Click Win key + R simultaneously and type regedit in the dialogue box to open Registry Editor.
- Type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade in the window and hit Enter.
- Right click on the right pane and create a key DWORD AllowOSUpgradeand.
- Click on it and change its value from 0 to 1.
- After that, close Registry Editor and restart your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.