Issue: How to fix Steam download stuck at 100%?
Hello. I wanted to download a new game but it got stuck at 100%. It has stayed like this for hours. What should I do?
Steam is a digital distribution platform that allows users to easily manage and organize their games and other content. It also provides automatic updates for games, which can save users time and effort when it comes to keeping their content up to date. Steam also offers a number of social features that allow users to connect with each other and share their gaming experiences.
However, if a Steam download is stuck at 100%, it can be a frustrating and time-consuming problem. There are a few potential causes for this issue, and fortunately, there are also a few things that you can try to fix it. One possible cause of a Steam download getting stuck at 100% is a problem with the Steam client itself. This could be due to a bug or a technical issue with the client. In this case, the best solution is to try restarting the Steam client.
Another potential cause of a Steam download getting stuck at 100% is a problem with your internet connection. This could be due to a temporary issue with your internet service provider, or it could be due to a problem with your router or modem. In this case, the best solution is to try restarting your internet equipment and then trying the download again.
If this does not work, you can find 5 other steps in this guide that should help you fix Steam download stuck at 100%. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. Instead, you can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Change the Download Region
- Launch Steam, go to the Steam menu, and click on Settings
- Next, click on the Downloads tab on the left
- Go to the Download region on the right, and select your current region or the closest one
- You can also try other regions closer to your location to check if that helps resolve the issue
Method 2. Repair Library Folder
- Open Steam and click on Settings on the upper left
- In the Settings window, click on Downloads
- Now, go to the right and under Content Libraries, click on the Steam Library Folders button
- In the Storage Manager window, click on the three dots next to the following folder and select Repair Folder:
C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam
Method 3. Verify integrity of game files
- Open Steam and go to the Library
- Right-click on the game that is stuck and select Properties
- Click Local Files and then choose Verify integrity of game files
Method 4. Move Game Folder
- Open the Steam app, click on the menu, and select Settings
- Next, click on Downloads on the left side
- Click on Steam Library Folders under Content Libraries
- In the Storage Manager window, click on the + symbol next to the library folder
- Select the location from the drop-down and click on the Add button
- Select the game you want to move, and click on the Move button below
- In the Move Content prompt, select the newly created location and press Move
Method 5. Reinstall Steam
- Navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
- Delete all the content of the folder
- Go to Apps & Features, find Steam in the list and click Uninstall
- Now redownload it
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.
- ^ Difference between Cache and Cookies. Geeksforgeeks. IT Education.