Issue: How to Fix “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” Error on Windows?
At first, Explorer froze and I had to restart it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to use it anymore. Then, I wanted to rename several files on my computer and “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” error popped up. It happened only once so far, but I am wondering whether it is a temporal bug or something more serious. Can you give me a piece of advice on this matter?
“The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” message is an error which is related to the Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Usually, this protocol helps the specific program to request service from another software which is not located in the same computer.
Furthermore, experts note that RPC manages DCOM and COM servers. In other terms, it does the following actions on the computer:
- Gathers unnecessary objects (garbage);
- Performs object exporter resolutions and activation requests.
Therefore, users should keep Remote Procedure Call running for computer's safety. Despite how often you receive “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” error, it is important to fix the problem before your computer is damaged. Likewise, we strongly advise you to make sure that it is not infected with malware or even potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Below you will find ways how to get rid of “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” pop-up displayed by explorer.exe. After you fix this issue, you will be able to use Explorer and continue renaming, moving and creating new files and folders on your computer without any errors.
Methods to fix “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” error on Windows 10
You can clean your computer and fix “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” error automatically by scanning the files with Reimage or another reputable antivirus and system optimization software. Our experts highly recommend using it at all times if you want to keep your system safe.
Method 1. Configure RPC settings
If the error notification appears from to time, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button and type Services.
- Then scroll down to locate Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Check whether the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Then, scroll up and select DCOM Server Process Launcher. Here, the Startup type should be Automatic as well.
- If these settings were set as indicated above and you still get bothered by the issue, locate Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator.
- In the General tab, make sure Manual is selected as startup type.
- Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
Method 2. Repair corrupted files with System File Checker
In case the issue lies in damaged files, there is a probability that you may find a solution with Command Prompt functionality.
- Click on the Start button, type Command. Select Command Prompt and right-click on it to run it as administrator.
- Once the software launches, type sfc /scannow.
- Wait for the command to finish.
In case, File Explorer does not open, right-click on the desktop and enter Display settings. Under the headline of Multiple Displays, check whether one monitor is chosen as the default.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: