Issue: How to Fix “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” Error on Windows?
Today when I was working with several applications, all of them suddenly closed, and the message appeared “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.” It happened only once so far, but I am wondering whether it is a temporal bug or something more serious. Can you give me a piece of advice on this matter?
“The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” error implies that there might be errors related to Remote Procedure Call (RPC). This integrated feature permits the processes of the software in another device. In other words, users who are used to work with remote access might be familiar with this functionality.
However, if you are not of them and this issue recurs often, you might check several solutions. Besides them, keep in mind that in rare cases unusual system errors do not indicate system failure. They signal malicious presence on the device. In order to escape this scenario, make sure you regularly scan the PC with a cyber security tool, e.g. Reimage. Now let us proceed to solutions.
Option 1. Configure RPC settings
If the error notification appears from to time, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button and type Services.
- Then scroll down to locate Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator.
- Check whether the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Then, scroll up and select DCOM Server Process Launcher. Here, the Startup type should be Automatic as well.
- If these settings were set as indicated above and you still get bothered by the issue, locate Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator.
- In the General tab, make sure Manual is selected as startup type.
- Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
Option 2. Repair corrupted files with System File Checker
In case the issue lies in damaged files, there is a probability that you may find a solution with Command Prompt functionality.
- Click on the Start button, type Command. Select Command Prompt and right-click on it to run it as administrator.
- Once the software launches, type sfc /scannow.
- Wait for the command to finish.
In case, File Explorer does not open, right-click on the desktop and enter Display settings. Under the headline of Multiple Displays, check whether one monitor is chosen as the default.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.