Issue: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages?
Is is possible to recover Facebook message? I desperately need to check one conversation, which has been deleted without my knowledge.
Facebook is currently the most popular social media platform all around the world. Recent statistics revealed that it has 1.86 billion active users and it’s a bit difficult to image such a huge mass of people gathered in one place, isn’t it? Active uses mean that those 1.86 billion users are sharing news threads, uploading photos, writing comments, and, of course, using Facebook Messenger actively. Unfortunately, Facebook managers are not conducting a statistics regarding how many messages are sent via Messenger every day or if they are conducting, such information did not reach us yet. Nevertheless, we can only image how many trillions or sextillions of messages nearly two billions of users can send each day.
While removal of Facebook messages is not necessary because the oldest messages disappear automatically, there are many reasons why sometimes people decide to delete several messages or the whole conversation. If such a move was planned and reasoned, probably you won’t need to recover the deleted Facebook message, but if you have deleted the message or conversation accidentally or someone did that for you, a Recover button on Facebook Messenger would be a great idea, isn’t it? Unfortunately, such a button does not exist. As we have pointed out, the number of messages sent via Facebook Messenger is enormous and Facebook does not keep the deleted ones by default. If you desperately need to retrieve some messages or the whole conversation, we would strongly recommend downloading the copy of your Facebook data. There is a chance that the removed messages will be included there. Besides, we would highly recommend you to change some Facebook settings to prevent losing deleted Facebook messages in the future.
Recovering Deleted Facebook Messages from a Copy of Your Facebook data
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on a little triangle at the tip right corner of the screen near the lock icon.
- When the drop-down menu occurs, select Settings.
- Select the General tab at the top left of the menu.
- Locate the Download a copy of your Facebook data link placed beneath the General settings box.
- Press Download a copy button.
- On the Download Your Information window, click Download Archive to start downloading.
- Enter your Facebook password and press Submit to continue.
- When the data is downloaded, open the data folder and find the index.htm file in the facebook-yourusername folder.
- Now you have to find the Messages folder and look for the conversation that you need. Hopefully, you’ll find it!
To prevent important Facebook messages from loss or accidental removal, we would recommend you to configure Facebook to send copies of messages to your email account. For this purpose, you should:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on a little triangle at the tip right corner of the screen near the lock icon and select Settings from a drop-down menu.
- Open Notifications settings and click Edit button alongside the Email messages.
- On the new window, find the What you’ll receive option and mark the Select the All notifications, except the ones you unsubscribe from.
- Then scroll down and click Turn on near the Messages option (the first one from the list).
That’s it. Now all Facebook messages will automatically be sent to your email. To prevent email from being clogged by Facebook messages, we would recommend to filter Facebook messages and create a separate folder for them.
Recover files and other system components automatically
To recover your files and other system components, you can use free guides by ugetfix.com experts. However, if you feel that you are not experienced enough to implement the whole recovery process yourself, we recommend using recovery solutions listed below. We have tested each of these programs and their effectiveness for you, so all you need to do is to let these tools do all the work.
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.