Issue: How to Uninstall Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 on Windows?
I thought that I uninstalled Clonezilla successfully, but it seems that I didn’t. I have access Control Panel and uninstalled it from there. However, I found its icon placed on startup menu, as well as its .exe file running within Task Manager. I’m running Windows 10 and Clonezilla version 1.2.2-31. Please tell me how it should be uninstalled permanently. Thanks!
Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone tool, which is akin to Norton Ghost or True Image. It’s function is to implement system deployment, hard drive backup and recovery. To put it a more comprehensive way, Clonezilla is a piece of software that is capable of cloning systems in an easy and flexible way. It can clone the system to a local disk, USB devices or network share. At the moment, two Clonezilla types are available – Clonezilla lice and Clonezilla Server Edition. Clonezilla lice can be used for cloning one single system, while Server Edition can handle 40 machines at once. Although this piece of software is useful, not people find it necessary. However, for some reason, it sometimes gets difficult to uninstall Clonezilla completely. The majority of users who faced issues with the removal of this software were using 1.2.2-31 version. Thus, in this post, we will explain how to uninstall Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 completely.
How to Uninstall Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 on Windows?
Each time you attempt to uninstall a piece of software, don’t forget about its leftovers. All programs without exceptions have additional files, which typically are stored on Windows Registries. Leaving leftovers is a risky thing because one day the amount of leftovers may reach a high level due to which the machine may get slow, freeze, and crash frequently. Thus, it’s very important to uninstall Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 along with all its components. To do this in the most easy way, install Perfect Uninstaller and let it do the job automatically.
Manual Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 removal
We highly do not recommend deleting files from Registry Editor manually. If, however, you are determined to do so, perform each step listed below extremely carefully.
Uninstall a program via Control Panel
- Click on Start (bottom left corner) and select Control Panel (Windows 7/XP).
Right-click on Windows icon (bottom left corner) and select Control Panel (Windows 8/10).
- Select Add/Remove Programs and select Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Clonezilla 1.2.2-31, click on it, and select Change/Remove.
- Follow the uninstall wizard.
Use Built-in uninstaller
- Click on Start (bottom left corner) and select All Programs or All Apps depending on the type of Windows you’re running.
- Find Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 folder, open it and click on its Uninstaller.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- You can also do the same by accessing Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 folder and clicking on a file named as unins000.exe or uninstall.exe.
Clean up the Registries
As soon as you remove the main executable file, it’s time to clean up the leftovers from Registries. Beware that this process is a bit risky as you may delete the wrong files. Therefore, be very careful and don’t touch any files that you are not certain about.
- Click on Start, type regedit in a search box, and hit Enter (Windows 7, XP).
Click on Windows icon (bottom left corner) and simultaneously press R. Type regedit in a dialogue box to open Registry Editor (Windows 8/10).
- If a confirmation window shows up, click Yes to continue.
- Here you have to find and delete all registry entries that belong to Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 in the following locations:
- After that, check up system folders and delete Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 files there:
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.
As soon as you finish this, Clonezilla 1.2.2-31 removal should be completed successfully and you should no longer see its icons or processes. Hopefully you don’t.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.