Issue: [Fix] Windows Installer error 1619
I keep getting the error message, and the installation of the program fails. I use the Windows installer feature, and the error code 1619 appears on the screen. It states that the install failed or that the package is not good. I have no idea what that means. I use Windows 10. How can I correct this myself?
Windows Installer error 1619 is the problem that people encounter pretty often nowadays. The issue is triggered when the Windows Installer infrastructure is used to install applications on the machine. It can be a problem related to particular applications when the package or the installer file cannot be opened properly. There is a possibility that the issue is caused by the incorrect command or the .msi file.
People encounter the problem when the Software management policy or task is delivered and using the msiexec in the subfolder fails. The error can be caused when the needed package cannot be opened, or the reference is incorrect. Also, in many cases system files that get damaged or corrupted lead to issues like this.
The message that users see:
This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
This Windows Installer error with code 1619 can appear on Windows 7 and on Windows 10 machines. There is no particular relation to updates or OS installation bugs. There are several particular causes for the issue, so potential culprits dictate the solution.
Missing pieces like .NET 4.0 Framework or the Windows Installer 4.5 Redlist. package. These two can be related to particular applications that users want to install. However, such issues can be fixed by installing the package manually from a reliable source. False positives and compatibility issues with antivirus solutions can also be common.
Some of the security tools have these issues of blocking installations with older security certificates. You can uninstall the software that is overprotective and keeps you from accessing wanted functions. Malware can also be detected and removed with Microsoft Defender or different, less problematic tools.
If the particular cause for the Windows Installer error 1619 on the machine is related to missing or damaged files on the machine, you can check the system for any data damage or even virus leftovers and fix those problems. The automatic solution would be the scan using FortectMac Washing Machine X9 or a different optimization/security program. This is the quick solution; other fixes might take more time and require much more attention.
Fix 1. Uninstall the overprotective security software
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open up the Programs and Features screen.
- Once there scroll down through the list o installed programs and locate the overprotective security suite.
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 2. Run disk cleanup
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive.
- Open your explorer window.
- Right-click your main directory – this is usually C:.
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup.
Fix 3. Install latest Windows OS update
- Open your Settings.
- Choose Update & Security and then locate Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button, and install the available updates.
Fix 4. Reinstall runtime libraries
- Uninstall the package by going to Control Panel.
- Then Programs and Features.
- Find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list.
- When it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft, then install it.
Fix 5. Install the .NET 4.8 framework
- Open your default browser, visit this Microsoft official download page and click on the Download .NET Framework Runtime button.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and click Yes when prompted by the UAC (User Account Control).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is fixed.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.