Issue: How to block spam on Outlook 2010?
I have a question about email filter on Outlook. I receive tons of junk email, which occur in the same list as important emails. Could you please tell me how to block unwanted emails on Outlook Windows 10? Would highly appreciate your help!
Microsoft Outlook is a free email, which can be used for conversations and schedule management. The newest version of Outlook provides features of sweeping, unsubscribing, pinning, chatting, checking the weather forecast, using OneDrive, and much more. It may be accessed via web browser or Outlook app and supports devices including desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. While Microsoft is moving on with its products and offer people a wide variety of services and innovations, many people are missing the good old Outlook with the simple service, interface, and settings.
These days Microsoft community is buzzing on the official Microsoft’s forum about spam or unwanted emails that appear on Outlook’s incoming email list. Most of them express frustration in trying to block unwanted emails, senders, and spam. Outlook users miss the options when right-clicking on the email they could choose to “add sender to safe senders list,” “add sender to block senders list,” “Mark as junk,” and so on. Unfortunately, we have to get used to new apps and their settings available on Windows 10 even though it may be tough at first. While Microsoft is doing things with a purpose, we may expect that the missing functions in the new Microsoft Outlook will be re-added. If, however, they won’t be, we will try to explain how to block unwanted emails and spam on Outlook.
How to block unwanted emails on Outlook?
First of all, open https://outlook.com/ and log in to your account. NOTE: don’t use Outlook app in this case, but access the Outlook via your web browser. After that, try to do the following:
- Click on Gear icon (Settings) and select Options.
- Find Preventing Junk email and click Safe and blocked senders.
- Select Blocked Senders.
- To proceed further, you have to have the list of email IDs of the senders that you want to block. Type the email address that you want to block and select Add to list >>
NOTE: If the list of unwanted senders is long, this process may take some time. After that, you may set an automatic junk mail filtering:
- Log in to your account (either via the web browser or Outlook app).
- Click the Junk icon and then Junk E-mail Options.
- You should see the option set as No Automatic Filtering. Reset the option to the appropriate level of filtering.
- Click OK.
NOTE: Safe List Only option may cause some legitimate emails to go to spam, and you may find it annoying as well. To prevent this from happening, do the following:
- Click on Safe Senders tab at the top of the window and click Add.
- Add email addresses that you are getting emails from to prevent emails from these senders from going to Junk Email folder.
- After that, mark Also trust email from my Contacts and Automatically add people I email to the Safe Senders list options.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools: