Issue: How to Delete the User Account in Windows 10?
Hello, all. I‘ve been sharing one PC with my sister for a long time. Now she‘s got a tablet, and the laptops are mine eventually! Could you please tell me if it‘s possible to delete my sister’s account on my laptop? She‘s no longer using it, and I got her permission to remove it.
When the Windows OS is set up for the first time, the PC, laptop or another device‘s user is asked to create the first user account. Such account is called a built-in administrative account. However, if several people share the same computer, each person should have a separate account. Although that‘s not obligatory, the different account allows users to customize personal settings, install preferable programs, save files, and perform other tasks without mixing them up with the other users. Another account(s) created on the Windows OS computer are called user account(s) and can be easily removed when using the built-in administrative account. Thus, if you are using a PC which has multiple user accounts, but you are the only actual user, you can easily delete unusable user accounts, but first make sure that you are logged into the built-in account with administrative privileges and make sure that other user accounts are logged out. After that, you should try one of the following methods:
Method 1. Delete the User Account using Settings app
- Press Windows key + I to open “Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts” icon.
- Locate the “Family & other people” option on the left pane and click on the account that you want to delete.
- Select “Remove”.
- Click “Delete account and data” to confirm the removal.
Method 2. Remove the User Account using Control Panel
- Right-click on Windows key and select “Control Panel”.
- Find “User Accounts” option and click it.
- Open “Manage another account” and click “Yes” on the UAC.
- Select the user that you opt for removing and click “Delete the account”.
- Select “Delete Files” or “Keep Files” if you want to keep personal information stored on the account that is going to be removed.
- Then select “Delete Account” to confirm the changes.
Method 3. Terminate the User Account using Nrtplwiz
- Press Windows key, type “netplwiz”, and press “Enter.”
- Press “Yes” on the UAC to proceed.
- Tick the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” check box.
- Select the user account that you want to delete and click “Remove.”
- Click “Yes” to confirm the changes.
- In case Windows automatically signs into a particular user account, make sure to set this option again because account removal via Netplwiz might have changed the settings.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools: