Issue: How to fix 0x00000078 BSOD error in Windows?
Hello. My Windows PC keeps crashing with the 0x00000078 BSOD error. How do I stop these crashes?
The blue screen of death (BSOD) error 0x00000078 can occur in the Windows operating system. BSOD errors are critical system errors that cause Windows to halt and display an error message on the screen. These errors indicate a serious issue that prevents the system from functioning properly and necessitates immediate attention.
The 0x00000078 error is related to a problem with the file system's ability to mount the system partition during startup. This error usually occurs when the file system is corrupted, has hardware problems, or has incorrect configuration settings. When this occurs, Windows is unable to access the files required to start the operating system, resulting in a complete system crash.
A 0x00000078 BSOD error can have a significant impact on users. For starters, it causes a sudden system crash, forcing the user to restart the computer. This can lead to the loss of unsaved work and the disruption of ongoing tasks. Furthermore, the error prevents the operating system from booting up, making the computer inoperable until the problem is resolved. Individuals who rely heavily on computers for work, studies, or other critical activities may experience frustration and loss of productivity.
Typically, troubleshooting steps are required to identify and address the underlying cause of the 0x00000078 BSOD error. Running the Windows Startup Repair tool, checking and repairing the file system with the chkdsk command, or using System Restore to restore the system to a previous stable state are all possible solutions. In more severe cases, users may need to perform a clean Windows installation.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that will hopefully help you fix 0x00000078 BSOD error in Windows. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Update Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the View optional updates option.
- Click the Driver updates tab.
- Select the driver you want to update.
- Click the Download and install button.
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Solution 3. Run a Malware Scan
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of 0x00000078 Blue Screen in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer.
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs.
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete.
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them.
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure.
Solution 4. Uninstall the most recent Windows Update
- Press the Windows key + I simultaneously to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings window, navigate to Windows Updates.
- Click on Update history.
- Locate and click on Uninstall updates.
- Look for the most recent update from the list.
- Select the most recent update.
- Click on Uninstall to remove the selected update.
Solution 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 6. Run a System Repair Tool
FortectMac Washing Machine X9 is a tool that is designed to diagnose and fix problems with a computer's operating system. It can effectively troubleshoot and repair system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, and other problems that can cause a computer to perform poorly or become unresponsive. Additionally, it can automatically clear cookies and cache which are often the cause of many malfunctions.
To identify and repair problems, the tool performs a scan of the system and replaces or repairs any damaged or corrupted files and other issues that it finds. While many users have reported that it is effective at fixing certain types of computer problems, it is important to note that it is not a guaranteed solution and may not work for all issues.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.