Issue: How to fix 0x8900002A error in Windows 10?
I updated the operating system recently, and now I have this issue with defragmenting and optimization tool. I even get the error message that informs about incorrect requests and hardware issues. I cannot understand what is wrong or how to solve this. Can you help me fix the 0x8900002A error and understand what is wrong?
0x8900002A error in Windows 10 is the issue possibly related to faulty update or the system issue. There might be some bugs or problems with the upgrade of the Windows system, so updating or rolling back the recent update of the Windows should help. Especially when technicians fix those problems quickly and react to complaints.
various WIndows error messages show nothing but a code or the issue indication, but users cannot understand what the problem is when they only see the 0x8900002A error code on the screen, and the wanted process cannot be launched. Users complain and report these problems commonly, and the information is only can be found online on pages like ours. We will try to explain the issue and provide particular methods that can solve the problem.
There is a possibility that your drive has errors or the system folders, files get corrupted due to various reasons like cyber infections, incorrect program installs, and other compatibility issues. The quick way to fix the 0x8900002A error in Windows could be running a scan with RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 or a similar tool.
The possible error message:
The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)
Such PC repair tools and similar optimization applications can indicate affected or damaged files in various machine parts like Windows registry and system files. If you recently changed things on the machine or installed applications before the error occurred – it might be the trigger for this problem. You should assess these facts, troubleshoot system issues, and then move on to methods listed if nothing gave needed results.
Step 1. Stop Windows Update service
- Click Start and type services.
- In your search results Services.msc should show up. Open it by clicking.
- A new window will open containing all Windows services.
- Search for Windows Update.
- Right-click the Windows Update and then click Stop.
Step 2. Clean the temporary Windows Update cache
- Hold Win and R keys.
- A new Run window will appear.
- Type %windir%\\SoftwareDistribution\\DataStore in this window and click OK.
- This will open Windows Explorer.
- Delete all contents of this folder.
Step 3. Run SFC
- Click Start and type cmd.
- In your search results, cmd should show up.
- Click it and select Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted for the admin password, enter the password and click OK.
- You can type commands directly into this window.
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- The process takes time, so wait until it is complete. You can work on your things still during.
Step 4. Check for drive issues
- Go to Command Prompt.
- Type chkdsk /r and type Y when asked.
- Reboot the PC.
Step 5. Restore the system
- Click Start.
- Choose All Programs.
- Select Accessories and then System Tools.
- Click System Restore.
- Select the most recent restore point in the System Restore list and click Next.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ The latest Windows 10 update was meant to fix issues ...but it's caused even more chaos. Express. News and reports.
- ^ Windows 10 update finally fixes annoying SSD drive issue. Windowslatest. Windows reports.
- ^ The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume.. Reddit. Online community forum.