Issue: How to fix 0xc10100be error?
Hello. I want to run the Windows Media Player, but the error 0xc10100be keeps me from playing it. It states that the file is not playable. I use the updated version of the player, and it should work properly, but the file is unsupported for some reason. I need serious help here. Please!
The error is related to files that are not unsupported to run properly on the player. The issue is related to media files, and the error can list the reason for it, which is either corruption of the file or that the file extension is wrong. 0xc10100be error playing media files on Windows can be caused by other things, so these supported, or unsupported file indications might not determine the cause of the issue fully.
Common reasons for this error can include outdated media software and corrupted files that are wanted to be played. Missing or outdated codes also can be very important and cause issues with the video playback. 0xc10100be video error is related to the corruption of files and supported file error that triggers the failure of the video file playback and delivers the error for users.
If the error is caused by the media player that does not support the file extension of the video you try to play, it is important to address these issues and solve the residing issues with the system if there are any. Corrupted system files and malware that are present on the machine can cause issues with common processes of the computer.
You can solve these common Windows updates and corrupted or damaged files issues if you properly take care of the Windows system. You can even run applications like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and solve these problems with files missing or damaged, so the 0xc10100be error even gets fixed.
However, this might not be the solution for everyone, so take care of the machine and follow the guide below thoroughly. Some quick solutions could be trying the different media player that plays popular video files and checking if the file is the issue or if the problem comes from the application you use.
1. Download the right codecs
- Open Windows Media Player 11.
- Go to Tools.
- Locate Options.
- Choose Player.
- Select the Download codecs automatically checkbox, and click OK.
- Next, play the error-giving video. If it prompts to install the codec, click Install.
2. Convert the video file via VLC
- Open VLC Media Player or download VLC Media Player.
- Now click on the Media button on the top and select Convert/Save.
- Click on Add to select the problematic video location.
- Once you select the location, click on Convert/Save.
- Now click on the Browse button to add the destination where the converted file will save.
- While selecting the destination folder, insert the file extension at the end of the file name and click on Save.
- Click on the Start button to change the file format.
- Once done, open the converted video and check if the error persists.
3. Check for malware infections
- Press the Windows + I keys together to launch the settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Then click on Windows Security which is in the left sidebar.
- Click on Open Windows security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Quick scan button to scan for Malware.
- Once done, check if the error persists.
4. Fix video via VLC
- Open VLC Media Player.
- Click on the Tools button then select Preference.
- Click on the Input / Codecs on the top.
- You should see the Damaged or Incomplete AV1 file option on the bottom.
- By default, the Ask for action is selected, click on the arrow down icon and change it to Always fix.
- Click on the Save button to apply the changes and check if the error is solved.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.