Issue: How to fix a BSOD VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR on Windows?
Please help ASAP!! a BSOD VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR showed up during a game-play and I can‘t access the system anymore.
VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR is Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) that has a value 0x00000116. While it‘s not the most common bug check, quite a lot of Windows 10 users have reported about it. Each BSOD is a serious indication of a system mulfunctioning; therefore, a PC owner should respond immediately. VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR occurs when the system fails to reset display driver and recover from a time out. In the majority of the cases, 0x00000116 error value with a VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR BSOD shows up during a game-play, but sometimes it may show under difference circumstances, for instance, viewing a vidoe on YouTube. Unfortunately, but no official fixes have been released by Microsoft. Nevertheless, professional technicians reacted to the help requests of frustrated people and presented several methods to fix VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR BSOD and which have been proven by PC owners to be working.
How to fix a BSOD VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR on Windows?
Method 1. Install Windows Updates
- Navigate to Settings App, select Updates & Security and open Windows Updates.
- Select Check for Updates option and wait until the system scans for available options.
- As soon as you get the list with all Windows updates that you are recommended installing, click Run the Updates.
- After all updates are installed, reboot your PC.
Method 2. Update system drivers
- Press Win key and type Device Manager.
- Click on the search results and look for the malfunctioning drivers (on the left pane). They should be labeled with a yellow exclamation mark.
- If some of the drivers/devices are running improperly, right-click on each of them and select Properties.
- After that, select Drivers and click on Update Drivers option.
- In case none of the drivers is marked with an exclamation mark, then go to the graphic card driver and update it anyway.
- Finally, reboot the system.
It’s important to mention that, according to IT specialists, updating drivers via Device Manager can often fail. Therefore, if the previous steps did not help to fix VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR BSOD, try to update graphic card drivers manually. For this purpose, you have to navigate to the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest dirvers compatible with your PC.
Method 3. Reinstall Display Drivers
- Press Win key, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
- Then look for the Display Drivers on the left pane, click on them and select Uninstall Drivers.
- If a confirmation window pops up, click OK to proceed. In some rare cases, users are required to enter Administrator password, so if you have received such permission, make sure that you type in the right password.
- Once the process is finished, restart your PC.
- Now you have to install the driver you have just removed. To do this, go to the Device Manager as explained above.
- Click Action tab on the toolbar.
- Select Scan for Hardware Changes and let the system detect and install the missing driver automatically.
- If for some reason this process fails, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver manually.
- If you have installed wireless network adapters, you should reinstall them as well.
We hope that the methods listed above have helped you to get rid of VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug. Once you gain access to your PCs desktop, our recommendation would be to optimize the system using Reimage, which may speed up your PC and prevent further errors from emerging.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.