Issue: How to Fix ActiveX Error 429 on Windows?
I was working with Excel, and it crashed. I was forced to close the program and received “Run-time error ‘429’: ActiveX component can’t create object.” error. I thought it was a one-time problem. However, it has occurred few more times. Is there something wrong with my computer?
ActiveX error 429 belongs to the wide group of run-time errors. It usually occurs using various Microsoft Office programs, such as Word or Excel, in Windows 10, 8 or 7. The main reasons why this error is triggered might be:
- corrupted registry entries;
- deleted operating system’s files;
- incomplete installation of the program;
- corrupted system files;
- corrupted program files;
- malware attack.
If some of these problems occur, the Windows closes the currently running program and delivers an error message saying:
“Run-time error ‘429’: ActiveX component can’t create object.”
Methods to fix ActiveX Error 429
Many different issues can cause Active X Error 429, so there’s a bunch of ways to fix it.
Method 1. Scan the device for malware
Various computer viruses can damage system files, corrupt registry and cause other problems that trigger this error message. Typically, malware attack is followed by system slow downs and other error messages. Therefore, if you have noticed signs of the attack, you should scan the device with reputable malware removal tool, such as Reimage
Method 2. Reregister the program
If you have encountered the error while using a particular program, it might be the source of the problem. Thus, you should reregister it by following these steps:
1. Login to Windows admin account.
2. Open Run application by pressing Win key +R.
3. Type the full path of the program (including the exe file) in the text box, for instance: C:\\Program Files \\ Mozilla Firefox \\ firefox.exe \\ regserver
4. Click OK.
Method 3. Reregister the specified file
Active X Error 429 might occur due to the corrupted or deleted file. If the error message states that there’s a problem with .ocx or .dll file, you should reregister it.
1. Open Command Prompt:
Windows 10 and 8: Press the Win key + X -> choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the appeared drop-down menu.
Windows 7: Open Start -> Type “cmd” in the Windows search box -> choose necessary result.
2. When in Command Prompt, enter the name of the corrupted file, for instance, regsvr32 Filename.ocx or regsvr32 Filename.dll.
3. Replace the filename with the specified title.
4. Click the Return key for file reregistration.
Method 4. Run the System File Checker
Corrupted system files might be the reason of ActiveX Error 429. In order to fix it, you have to run the System File Checker that is an inbuilt feature in Windows.
1. Enter “cmd” in Windows search box.
2. Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator option.
3. In the Command Prompt type sfc /scannow and click the Return key.
4. When the scan is over, you will receive this message:
“Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.”
5. Restart your computer.
Since then, the ActiveX 429 issue should no longer bother you.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.