Issue: How to fix Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start error?
I successfully updated my iTunes, and everything seemed to go smooth. However, when I launch the app, it immediately drops a pop-up saying that “Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start.” How do I solve this issue?
It has become almost comical how often the users report issues related to transferring music or other files on their iPhone or other iOS devices. However, we should start from the beginning and point out that installing the software required for the data transfer triggers problems too. Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start error or, more precisely, “Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services” notification usually pops during the iTunes installation, and it is one of the most annoying and issues the Apple users complain about. Nevertheless, the same issue can occur when you try to connect your device to the app or when you update the application to a newer version. This means that this error may occur on your PC even if you did not have any trouble with this application before. The reason for this is simple. The files which are overwritten in the process of the update can clash with the already existing ones resulting in a corrupt application. Thus, the program fails to initiate. To solve this issue, we have prepared a short guide below.
How to fix Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start error on Windows:
To eliminate Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start error you have to reinstall iTunes. But before you do, you have to eliminate all of the Apple products and related files from your computer. We highly suggest doing that automatically, with the help of specially designed software such as Perfect Uninstaller if you are a Windows user or MacKeeper if you use Mac OS X. However, in case you can’t get your hands on this software, you can try eliminating the Apple-related software manually. The removal and reinstallation steps are listed below:
- Go to the Add/ Remove programs in your Control Panel
- Uninstall Apple programs in this sequence: iTunes, Quicktime, Bonjour, and AMDS.
- Reboot your PC.
- Go to the official itunes.com website and download the latest version of the app.
- Once the iTunes icon is on your desktop, right-click it and choose Run as Administrator.
- When the installation is done, do not click Finish just yet. Plug in your iPhone, iPod or other desired device to your computer and wait until the driver is installed.
- When the installation is done, you can finally click Finish.
How to fix Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start error on Mac:
You can try eliminating the Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start from your Mac OS X by reinstalling the iTunes or by using the “Repair Disk Permission” function:
- Go to Applications and select Utilities
- Double-click click Disk Utility.
- Choose Mac Hard disk, and navigate to Verify Disk Permission and Repair
Disk Permission options.
- Select Repair Disk Permission and wait until the repair is done.
- Open iTunes and see if the Apple Mobile Device Failed to Start notification still there.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.