Issue: How to fix Application error 0xc0150004 in Windows?
So, I have quite a big problem on Windows – I can't open several of programs that I need because I keep getting 0xc0150004 Application error. Are there any ways to fix this?
In Windows operating systems, application errors frequently arise during the opening, use, or closing of an application. These errors disrupt user productivity by limiting access to necessary software. Error code 0xc0150004 is one particular issue that users may run into while attempting to open specific applications – or, in extreme circumstances, nearly any application on their Windows.
Error 0xc0150004 often indicates Windows operating system issues that hinder programs from running properly. Software conflicts, corrupted system files, or other system errors could be the source of this problem. Often the main culprit is corrupted system files, which are essential to Windows and its apps running smoothly. This issue can also be caused by software conflicts, which occur when programs fight with one another.
Troubleshooting steps for error 0xc0150004 center on locating and resolving the underlying causes. Windows functionality cannot be restored unless corrupted system files are repaired. A clean boot can assist by isolating the problem by turning off unnecessary services and apps that could cause problems.
It is advised that those who experience the 0xc0150004 error utilize a professional PC repair tool FortectMac Washing Machine X9. For individuals who might prefer not to perform manual troubleshooting, these solutions offer a simple answer by automatically identifying and resolving underlying Windows issues.
Fix 1. Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter is a built-in utility that can automatically find and fix problems related to Windows apps. Follow these steps to run it:
- Type in Troubleshoot in Windows search and hit Enter.
- Select Additional Troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Pick Windows Store Apps and click Run the troubleshooter/Run.
- Wait till the scan is finished, and then apply the proposed fixes.
- Reboot your device.
Fix 2. Install all Windows updates
Keeping your system up to date is crucial for its stability and security. Windows updates often include patches for security vulnerabilities, improvements, and fixes for various system issues, which might resolve the 0xc0150004 error.
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter.
- Here, click Check for updates.
- Wait till Windows downloads and installs all the files.
- If optional updates are available, install them as well.
- Reboot your system.
Fix 3. Check for corrupted files
SFC and DISM are designed to fix corrupted system files and Windows image issues, respectively.
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator.
- User Account Control window will show up – click Yes when prompted.
- Then, copy and paste the following command, pressing Enter after:
- Wait till the scan is finished. If Windows finds system file integrity violations, it will attempt to fix them. After this, use the set of the following commands, pressing Enter each time:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Close down the Command Prompt and restart your device.
Fix 4. Perform a malware scan
Malware infections can cause various issues on your system, including the 0xc0150004 error. Running a thorough malware scan with reputable antivirus software can help identify and remove any malicious software that might be causing the problem. Alternatively, you can use Microsoft Safety Scanner or the built-in Windows Defender:
- Type Windows Security in the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Pick Scan options.
- Choose Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click Scan now.
- Your computer will immediately reboot and begin a deep scan.
Fix 5. Try Clean Boot
Performing a clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This can help identify if background programs are causing the 0xc0150004 error.
- Type msconfig in Windows search and press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services and select Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, right-click on each of the items and select Disable, then close the Task Manager.
- Go to the Boot tab, tick Safe Boot, then click Apply and OK.
- If the problem is gone, re-enable services and startup items one by one to identify the problematic software.
- You can then update or uninstall the software causing the issue.
Fix 6. Use System Restore
System Restore can revert your system files and settings to a previous point in time, potentially fixing the 0xc0150004 error. This is useful if the error started occurring recently.
- Type in Create a Restore point in Windows search and hit Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab and pick System restore.
- Click Next.
- Click Show more restore points (if available).
- Pick the time before the problem occurred and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to finish the process.
Fix 7. Perform Windows in-place upgrade
An in-place upgrade repairs the current Windows installation by upgrading the system files to the latest version without deleting user data.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download Windows 10 installation media (Windows 11 version).
- Double-click the installer, select Yes when UAC shows up, and agree to the terms.
- Select Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- Windows will start downloading the needed files.
- Agree to the terms once again and click Next.
- Before installing, make sure that you are happy with your choices (otherwise, you can click Change what to keep option).
- Finally, click Install to begin the upgrade process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.