Issue: How to fix “Class not registered” error on Windows 10?
I keep receiving an error code “Class not Registered” when trying to search the web from Cortana. Sometimes the bug shows up when I click on links or sometimes I’m not allowed to install software. All I see is a pop-up box saying “Class not Registered” and an ExplorerFrame.dll. Could you please help?
Windows 10 is a great example of an operating system, which successfully combines the rooted and already adopted features, designed, functions, apps, etc. with the current innovations. However, the fact that it exhibits numerous bugs is undeniable. Thousands of people are reporting about error pop-ups, BSOD, update failures, driver malfunctions, sound/keyboard/mouse issues, sleep mode bugs, etc. every day. No one and nothing is perfect, Windows 10 either, but keep in mind that Microsoft is working hard in order to remove each error in as a short time period as possible. Some time ago people have started looking for a method to solve “Class not registered” error, which is associated with a certain app or program, for example, Cortana or Google Chrome. Usually, the name of the program that is the culprit of the “Class not registered” error on Windows 10 is indicated in error message, so it shouldn’t be difficult to allocate and eliminate the trigger. Luckily, IT specialists have already come up with several methods that can help to fix “Class not registered” bug, so take a little break from your daily activities and take your time fixing your PC.
How to fix “Class not registered” error on Windows 10?
Method 1. Restart explorer.exe
As we have already mentioned, “Class not registered” error often shows up when using Cortana, Start Menu or web browsers (Edge, Chrome). In this case, it’s advisable to restart explorer.exe by performing these steps:
- Click Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.
- Select Details.
- Find explorer.exe and right-click it.
- Select End Task and the go to File.
- Locate Run new task and click it.
- Type explorer, hit Enter, and then OK.
Method 2. Set Windows Photo Viewer as a default image viewer
If the “Class not registered” bug shows up with a .jpg file extension, you should switch a default image viewer to Windows Photo Viewer.
- First of all, find a Windows Photo Viewer activation file on the Internet and download it. The file will modify Windows 10 registry in a way to enable Windows Photo Viewer.
- Once done, click on any picture stored on your PC and right-click on it.
- When the drop-down menu shows up, select Open with.
- Click Choose another app and select Windows Photo Viewer.
- To ensure that Windows Photo Viewer will be opened by default, click Always use this app to open .jpg files and click OK.
Method 3. Reset to the defaults recommended by Microsoft
- Therefore, click Win key + I to open Settings.
- Select System and open Default apps.
- Locate Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults and click Reset.
Method 4. Set Edge as a default web browser
In case the problem occurs when you attempt to use a web browser, it’s advisable to set Microsoft Edge as a default web browser. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Press Win key + S and type Default Programs.
- Select Default Programs from the list and then opt for Set your default programs option.
- Find Microsoft Edge and click it.
- Select Set this program as default and hit OK.
If none of these instructions helped you to fix “Class not registered” error, please let us know so that we coul further investigate the issue. Finally, if you haven’t yet used a PC optimization tool, think about install one because it’s a great way to protect your PC from errors, crashes, and malware. For the perfect PC’s maintenance, we would recommend using Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: