Issue: How to fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU?
Hello. I have an issue with high CPU usage. The process com.android.vending:download_service eating resources, according to the Task Manager. It drains the device but there is nothing that the service downloads. Can you answer me what is the problem and how can I fix this?
Apparently com.android.vending:download_service process creates issues for users for a long time, especially for ChromeOS users that have encountered this problem after the more recent update. People question if this service supposed to use high computer resources and run for a long time on the computer or not.
The particular event com.android.vending:download_service is triggering issues with fans and resources, overheating when the task Service: com.android.vending:download_service appears on the screen running for long periods. It is not the common process, so force ending the task is not enough to tackle the initial problem.
Generally, com.android.vending:download_service is used to download new updates from the Google Play Store when those are available. But this bug causes high usage of CPU all the time without even downloading anything/ when the new update is not offered.
This high resource usage issues with com.android.vending:download_service process is not affecting all Chromebooks. But Acer Chromebook, ASUS Chromebook Flip, Galaxy Chromebook users experience the overheating issue constantly. Killing the process can resolve the problem, but people state that the solution is working for a period of time, but the main issue remains unsolved.
It is possible to fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU by telling back to the older version of the OS via Google Play Store. This is the workaround that users online have reported trying, but there might be more things that users need to do since the big got analyzed further recently and experts offer more fixes, based on possible reasons.
How to fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU
Some of the people that encountered this com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU issue stated that there are workarounds and possible temporary solutions. However, there is a need to fix the issue fully if you want to resolve the issue and avoid damage that can be triggered by overheating on the machine. This is not a malware issue, so you do not need to panic, but the problem might be triggered when ChromeOS is missing particular files. Managing files, applications, or properly reinstalling the OS can possibly fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU issue for you. Rely on listed methods and follow steps to achieve this.
Rollback to a previous ChromeOS version
- The problem started occurring when the ChromeOS 85.0.4183.108 and later versions received updates.
- Try to reboot the machine and while it is rebooting hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R buttons
- Then press those buttons again and wait for the Powerwash and Revert.
- Click the Powerwash button and begin the rollback.
Uninstall updates to fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU
- Go to Settings.
- Locate the Apps section and find the Application Manager.
- Choose All when the list appears on the screen.
- Find the Google Play app and tap that.
- Choose Uninstall Updates.
- Run the Google Play Store and allow the application to uninstall updates, and the application should no longer display the process error.
Wipe clean the device to fix com.android.vending:download_service using 100% CPU
- Remove the SD card to save that data.
- Hold the Power key and Volume down button to see the screen with options.
- Go to Backup and Restore mode for a full factory reset.
- Wait for the complete reset.
- Reboot the phone in Recovery Mode and wipe the cache of the device.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ CPU pegged, Task Manager says it's App: com.android.vending.download_service. Reddit. Online community forum.
- ^ Issue 1130917: After updating to 85.0.4183.108 1 CPU core pegged at 100%. Cromium. Blog.
- ^ Is Service: com.android.vending:download_service supposed to use 100% cpu for long time periods?. Support. Google community.