Issue: How to fix CX_FREEZE fatal error?
Hello, I have an issue with my laptop that I purchased not so long ago. However, I get CX_FREEZE fatal error constantly that says “cannot get zipimporter”. I check drivers and found nothing wrong. No other errors appear on the screen, but I cannot use it properly. Help?
CX_FREEZE fatal error is the critical Windows error that either indicates corruption of your operating system or the particular program. This can sometimes be caused by several applications running at the same time or constant opening of the program. Also, extensive boot entries, recording errors and memory loss or unnecessary program installation can trigger the fatal error.
Users state that the error occurs not immediately after the installation, but later on, so it is impossible to know the particular program that triggered CX_FREEZE fatal error. Sometimes the issue appears when the user tries to click the Cortana button or start button. Other instances linked with opening games or even without any trigger.
CX_FREEZE fatal error is not particular to any certain version of Windows operating system, so Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10 users all can encounter this issue. Thee is no relation with the fatal error and particular Windows updates, that sometimes can cause other problems with computer.
The more common CX_FREEZE fatal error causing issues can be:
- Outdated drivers;
- Corrupted files;
- Missing files like Autodesk support portion.
Fortunately, all these problems can be fixed and the CX_FREEZE fatal error solved. You may need to repair some parts of the machine or reinstall the particular game, applications to fully resolve the problem. Several unwanted programs can also cause these issues and errors, so malware can also be the reason for this.
How to fix CX_FREEZE fatal error
Since there are a few different reasons and responsible programs that can cause the issue, so you should start with a thorough system scan using anti-malware tool or system optimizer like Reimage. Later, you can try checking all the suspicious files. complete methods listed down below and try to resolve the issue this way. However, if you encounter the issue, try a few methods before you give up.
Update GPU drivers to fix CX_FREEZE fatal error
- Open the dialog box with Windows key and R, and enter devmgmt.msc to open up the Device Manager.
- Once it opens scroll down through the devices and open the menu of Display adapters. There, right-click on the GPU that you use and choose Update Driver from the menu that appeared.
- Then you should click on Search Automatically for updated driver software and wait until the scan is complete. Follow the installation of the latest driver software.
- Check if the issue is fixed by restarting the computer.
Solve the missing AutoDesk support portion to fix CX_FREEZE fatal error
- Open the dialog box and paste the following:
- Click on the Streamer folder and choose to Delete from the context menu.
- Then, restart the computer and open the AutoDesk updater. It should self-heal automatically and replace corrupted folders and files.
- Try launching the application that was triggering CX_FREEZE fatal error to see if the same issue occurs.
Reinstall the game on Steam and fix CX_FREEZE fatal error this way
- Open Steam and select Library from the horizontal menu.
- Find the game that caused a fatal error and right-click on it from the left-hand menu.
- Choose Uninstall and then click Delete to confirm.
- Reinstall the game and see if the CX_FREEZE fatal error still occurs.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: