Issue: How to fix d3dx9_39.dll missing or not found error in Windows?
Hello. I wanted to game on my Windows PC but I received an error message that says d3dx9_39.dll is missing. How do I fix this?
When attempting to run certain applications or games on a Windows system, users may encounter the “d3dx9 39.dll missing or not found” error. The system is unable to locate the d3dx9 39.dll file required to run the application or game, as indicated by this error message.
DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files are collections of code and data that can be used simultaneously by multiple programs. They are essential components of the Windows operating system and are in charge of providing the system and applications with a variety of functions and features.
The d3dx9 39.dll file is part of the DirectX software package, which is used to give Windows applications and games advanced graphics and multimedia capabilities. If this file is missing or not found, the application or game that relies on it may not function properly.
Reinstalling DirectX, manually downloading and installing the missing DLL file, or updating the graphics drivers on the system are all possible solutions to the “d3dx9 39.dll missing or not found” error. To troubleshoot the issue, users can run a system file checker scan or perform a clean boot.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix d3dx9_39.dll missing or not found in Windows. However, if you want to skip the lengthy manual process, you can try using a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix missing DLL issues, various system errors, BSODs, and corrupted files. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Restart your PC
- Save and close any open programs on your computer.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type shutdown /r and hit Enter.
- Your computer will restart automatically.
Solution 2. Install Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the text box and press Enter
- Click the Check for updates button
- If a new update is available, click the Download & Install all button.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished and check to see if the problem is fixed
Solution 3. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 4. Update Graphics Driver
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
- Click the View optional updates option
- Click the Driver updates tab
- Select the driver you want to update
- Click the Download and install button
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Solution 5. Reinstall DirectX
- Go to the Microsoft DirectX download page to download the latest version of DirectX for your Windows system.
- After downloading, press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type Downloads and hit Enter.
- Next, double-click on the executable file to install DirectX.
- When the User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears on the screen, click Yes to continue.
Solution 6. Reinstall the App
The installation of the app you are trying to run may be corrupted so you can try to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if it helps.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Select Uninstall a program from the list of options.
- Find the problematic application from the list of installed programs.
- Click on the application to select it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the application by selecting Yes in the confirmation box.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
- Reinstall the program from its official site.
Solution 7. Scan Windows for Malware
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of d3dx9_39.dll missing or not found error in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.