Issue: How to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows 10?
Need help! Stop error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on my screen. Could not access desktop.
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is a stop error, which may also be recognized as 0x00000133 Error Code. It is displayed in the form of Blue Screen of Death and shows up on Windows 10 version exceptionally. Unlike other BSOD, its emergence is not triggered by recent system changes, malware, faulty file configuration or similar issues.
According to Microsoft engineers, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD is the cause of a prolonged system running at Interrupt Request Level (IRQL). This issue might happen due to the long-running Deferred Procedure Call (DPC). According to specialists, the DPC exceeds timeout when it runs longer than 100 microseconds, while ISRs no more than 25 microseconds.
Although there is more technical information related to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bug, it’s not necessary to provide it here as it’s intended to IT engineers rather than ordinary Windows 10 users. In this post, we will try to explain how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSDO on Windows 10 in the easiest way possible.
How to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on Windows 10?
Since the precise causes of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error are not clear, it would be wise to try several different BSOD approaches. If you have managed to boot up to your PC eventually, our recommendation would be to run a system scan with Reimage. That’s necessary in case your PC has some registry issues, malware, virus, faulty configured system files, and similar issues. After that, to perform the following steps:
Fix 1. Install Windows Updates
- Navigate to Settings App – Select Updates & Security – Windows Updates.
- Select Check for Updates option and wait until the system scans for available options.
- When the list of pending updates will be shown, click Run the Updates.
- When Windows Updates are installed, reboot your PC.
Fix 2. Update drivers
- Press Win key and type Device Manager.
- Click on the search results and look for the malfunctioning drivers (on the left pane). They should be labeled with a yellow exclamation mark.
- If some of the drivers/devices are running improperly, right-click on each of them and select Properties.
- After that, select Drivers and click on Update Drivers option.
- In case none of the drivers is marked with an exclamation mark, then go to the graphics card driver and update it anyway.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Fix 3. Run sfc / scannow
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- After that, reboot the system.
Fix 4. Replace faulty driver for Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)
- Click Win key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and right-click on Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- After that, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers.
- Place a check mark alongside Show compatible hardware.
- Then select Standard SATA ACHI Controller which the driver is StorACHI.sys.
- Click Next and reboot your PC.
Hopefully, this guide was helpful and you have managed to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. If this issue persists, let us know so that we could initiate further research towards this issue.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.