Issue: How to fix Edgegdi.dll was not found?
Edgegdi.dll was not found triggers issues with my PC. Can you help? Task Manager is opening, but the error appears, and I see it when opening the settings, Event Viewer. The full error comes like The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found. Can I do something myself?
Edgegdi.dll was not found issue is the problem triggered by compatibility. This particular error occurs in Windows 10 systems, particularly the 2004 version. The unusual behaviors reported pretty often. It seems that users cannot find the universal solution or execute the suggested methods properly to help their device.
The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found often appears when attempting to open or launch some applications on Windows. Accessing applications becomes impossible, and Task Manager, Event Viewer, other windows default apps and features cannot be launched.
Edgegdi.dll was not found error also is triggered by third-party applications like antivirus tools or optimizers, different apps, but this is not an issue of PUPs or cyber intruders. The full error message states about the system issue and execution failure due to the edgegdi.dll file and looks like this:
The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found in Windows 10. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem
Edgegdi.dll was not found error is triggered by a system conflict, so you should note that the problem may interfere with other processes and affect apps. However, if you click the OK button, your program might also run normally. If you continuously encounter the error, you need to take measures and solve the root cause.
One of the methods to fix Edgegdi.dll was not found include recovering DLL files because such pieces can trigger problems with the system when missing or even corrupted. You can restore processes and functions by running a tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. This application improves performance and can even solve issues quickly, saving time for you.
1. Reinstall the program to fix Edgegdi.dll was not found
- You can uninstall the program via Apps section in the Settings.
- Find the program and hit uninstall.
- Then install the program again.
- Also, you can do that via Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall the program under Programs.
- Select the app and right-click to get the Uninstall option.
- Reinstall the application again.
2. Run the app in compatibility mode to fix Edgegdi.dll was not found
- Right-click the application that triggers the issue and go to Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Then uncheck the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Hit Apply and run the program again.
3. Scan for malware in Safe Mode
- Right-click on the Start button and then pick Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Then Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup section, click Restart now.
- After a restart, Choose an option appears.
- Go to Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Press F5 or 5 to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
- Run a full system scan with anti-malware software.
4. Update drivers
- Right-click on the Windows Start and select Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the particular driver and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for the update process to be finished.
- You can repeat this with other drivers that have exclamation points near them on the list.
You can also run a tool like DriverFix that automatically renews all the drivers and picks the compatible versions, so the system runs smooth. You don't need to pick drivers yourself and search for the needed versions or find which drivers are malfunctioning and require the update. Software like this saves a lot of time.
5. Restore system to fix “The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found” error
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Type System Restore in the search and hit Enter.
- Click System Restore.
- Follow steps in the system restore wizard and choose a relevant restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.