Issue: How to fix Epic Games error 502 in Windows?
I keep receiving error 502 in the Epic Games launcher. This started happening just a few days ago and I'm not sure what is causing it, so I'd be grateful for any advice.
Epic Games has established itself as a popular digital storefront for video games, attracting users with its frequent discounts, giveaways of free games, and a variety of other incentives. The platform has grown in popularity among PC gamers, particularly those who use Windows, due to its competitive pricing and exclusive titles.
However, even the most robust platforms can experience technical difficulties, and Epic Games is no exception. One such issue that you might encounter while using Epic Games on Windows is error 502, which displays the message “Bad Gateway.”
The error 502 in the Epic Games Store typically indicates a communication problem between your computer and the Epic Games servers. This issue can arise due to various reasons, and understanding these can be beneficial for a smoother experience. One common cause of this error could be a mismatch in language settings.
If the language of your Windows operating system does not align with the language set in the Epic Games Store, it can lead to conflicts that trigger this error. This is particularly relevant if you're using a version of Windows in a language different from your preferred gaming language or if there have been recent changes in your system’s language settings.
Another potential cause for encountering error 502 is related to your internet connection. Problems with your network, such as unstable connections or interruptions, can prevent your computer from communicating effectively with Epic Games servers. This can result in an error message appearing when you try to access the store or specific features within the platform.
If you're experiencing persistent problems or if the Epic Games error 502 seems to be indicative of deeper issues with your Windows system, utilizing a PC repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 can be an effective way to address any underlying issues automatically, ensuring a more stable and enjoyable gaming experience.
Fix 1. Set Epic Games Launcher's language to the system's default
By setting the Epic Games Launcher's language to match your system's default language, you can resolve potential language-related conflicts that lead to error 502.
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on your profile name in the upper-right corner of the launcher.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the Settings menu, locate the Language section.
- Click on the drop-down menu and ensure that the language is set to the System Default option. This will automatically set the launcher's language to match your Windows system's language.
Fix 2. Run Network troubleshooter
Running the Network troubleshooter can help identify and resolve network-related issues that might be causing error 502.
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet section.
- On the right side, find the Advanced network settings section.
- Click Network troubleshooter and wait.
- Apply the recommendations.
Fix 3. Use Google's DNS
Switching to Google's DNS servers can improve the stability and reliability of your internet connection, potentially resolving error 502.
- Right-click on the network icon in your taskbar (bottom-right corner) and select Open Network & Internet settings.
- Under Advanced network settings, click on Change adapter options.
- Right-click on your active network connection (e.g., Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select Properties.
- Scroll down and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click Properties.
- Choose Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the following:
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Click OK to save the settings.
Fix 4. Temporarily disable Windows Firewall
Disabling the Windows Firewall temporarily can help determine if it's causing the error 502. Be cautious when doing this, and re-enable the firewall when troubleshooting is complete.
- Type in Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter.
- Go to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Press the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- If required, enter your administrator password and press OK.
- Then, set the Windows Firewall off of both private and public network.
- Click OK to save the changes and close everything.
Fix 5. Edit the Engine.ini file
- Press the Windows key, type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Navigate to EpicGamesLauncher/Saved/Config/Windows.
- Locate the Engine.ini file and right-click on it.
- Select Open with and choose a text editor like Notepad.
- Add the following lines at the end of the file:
- Save the file and exit the text editor.
Fix 6. Clear Epic Games Launcher cache
Just like any other program, Epic Games creates cached files, which might sometimes become bugged. To address this, you can clean caches as follows:
- Close the Epic Games Launcher if it's open.
- Press the Windows key and type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher folder and open it.
- Go to the Saved folder.
- Here, delete the following:
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.