Issue: How to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error on Windows?
How do I fix ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE error on Chrome? Blocks random websites from time to time. Thanks in advance.
ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE is a browser-specific error message that affects Google Chrome for the most part. The error says “No data received” and indicates the fact that the web browser is unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Although this error is not fatal, it may sometimes be difficult to address since it may be triggered by many aspects, but a few are caused on PC user's end. In most of the cases, the ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE error is generated when trying to access Youtube, WordPress, Facebook, the Verge, Blik, Amazon, or any other regular website.
The ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error window provides PC user with two options – to reload the website by hitting F5 keyboard or click Chrome's reload button. In some cases, it might be sufficient to reload the website to get its content.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE – no data received.
Error 324 (net:: ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
Nevertheless, experts claim that more often than not, the reason why Chrome and other web browsers end up with ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error is one of the following:
- Browser's cache and cookies;
- Shortened of insecure protocol used (e.g. http:// or http://bit.ly);
- Outdated web browser;
- Malicious, incompatible web browser's add-ons or extensions;
- Antivirus conflict and Firewall block;
- Virus infection, etc.
Since there are many diverse reasons why you may encounter this error, you should try as various ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE fixes starting from the most basic ones. Thus, before you proceed with the more advanced methods, try these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Clear browser's cache and cookies. Open Google Chrom -> More tools -> Clear browsing data -> Expand “Time range” drop-down menu and select All time. Then click Clear data.
- Reload the website that ran into the ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE error.
- Reset/power cycle your modem or router (or both).
- Disable web browser's add-ons. Open Chrome and type http://chrome://extensions/ to the address bar. Disable unknow/suspicious extensions.
- Disable your anti-virus and firewall.
- Check the system with Reimage to eliminate the virus and fix system-related issues.
If none of these steps worked, try out the following methods applicable for ERR_EMPTY_REPONSE error fix.
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Alternatively, you can open Windows search and type cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator.
- When the Command Prompt environment opens, copy and paste the following commands in it one-by-one. Click Enter after each of them:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Once done, reboot your PC and try to open the website that has previously been inaccessible.
Change TCP/IP4 proxy settings
- Open Network and Sharing Centre and select Change adapter settings.
- Locate for your Network Connection provider under Local Area Connection or Wireless Connection.
- Right-click on the connection icon and select Properties.
- In the newly opened window, opt for the Internet Protocol (4 TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In the new window, mark the Use the following DNS server addresses option
- Then, type in 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Click apply and OK to save the changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: