Issue: How to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error?
I received ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error on Google Chrome which prevents accessing websites. It tells that my computer is offline, but I can clearly see that it’s connected to home Wi-Fi. How to fix this problem?
ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is a connectivity error which can appear in Google Chrome web browser. When users try to open specific website, they receive a grey Chrome’s window with T-Rex which includes the following message:
Unable to connect to the Internet
Google Chrome can’t display the webpage because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.
Sometimes the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error on Chrome appears when your computer gets disconnected from the Internet. Hence, the first thing you need to do is to check if there are no problems with the connection.
However, the error might be caused by other problems with connectivity or internet settings. But all of these issues can be solved. You can fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error on Chrome by configuring Internet settings, clearing browsing data, and a couple of other methods which are explained in the second part of the article.
Instructions how to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error on Google Chrome
First of all, you have to make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet. If you are using Wi-Fi, check if you can browse the web using your smartphone which is connected to the same Wi-FI. Additionally, you can connect using cable. If the problem still exists, you should contact your Internet service provider and check if there are any technical issues.
However, if your internet connection is smooth, but ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED error still greets you on the browser, you should try out the following methods to get rid of the problem.
Method 1. Clear browsing cookies and cache
- Open Google Chrome’s settings.
- Navigate to My Tools and choose Clear browsing data option.
- In the appeared pop-up window, make sure that you check Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files options. If you want, you can clear other information too.
- Set Time range to All time.
- Click Clear Data button.
Check if the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error shows up again. If you still cannot access the Internet, try another method.
Method 2. Configure your Internet settings on Windows
- In the Windows search box type internet options.
- Open Internet Options and navigate to Connections tab.
- Click LAN settings button.
- Make sure that Automatically detect settings and Use a proxy server for your LAN are not selected. If they are, remove the ticks from checkboxes.
The configuration of Internet settings should help to fix ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED Chrome error. If not, try the third option.
Method 3. Reset network settings and flush DNS
- In the Windows search box type cmd.
- Right-click Command Prompt once it appears in the results list and choose Run as administrator option.
- Type the following commands and click Enter after each of them:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Restart the computer and launch Chrome to check if it helped to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error.
Method 4. Update network adapter
If none of the first three methods helped to get rid of ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error, you should try updating your network adapter.
- Type Device Manager in Windows search box to find and open Device Manager.
- Then expand Network adapters section.
- Right-click on your network adapter and choose Update Driver Software option.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software option in the appeared window.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note. If Windows update cannot find recent version of your network adapter, you should visit your computer manufacturer support site and download the latest driver from there.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Google Chrome. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia..
- ^ Rex Santus. There's a Hidden (Offline) T. Rex Game on Google Chrome Canary. Mashable. Technology, social media and entertainment website.
- ^ Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols. How to check up and fix your internet connection. ZDNet. Breaking news, analysis, and research keeps business technology professionals in touch with the latest IT trends, issues and event.