Issue: How to fix error 0x80073CFE in Windows 10?
Hello, I cannot update any applications via Microsoft Store, and the error code 0x80073CFE appears. It was all okay a week ago, but now I cannot update or install any programs from the store. The process starts, but then the unsuspected error message pops up, and the code is displayed on the window. I have no idea what happened or what caused this issue. Can you help me somehow?
The error 0x80073CFE in Windows is pretty common, and based on reports online, users encounter this problem pretty often and for a while. The main reason why the error appears is the package repository corruption. The error keeps the Store from functioning normally, so you cannot download, install, or update the needed programs.
Windows users encounter various errors related to Microsoft Store and applications. We have covered another issue, error 0x80070005. This issue is more associated with the outdated operating system. However, this particular error can also be related to buggy or old versions of Windows.
There are instances when a particular application causes this error, so moving the problematic program can solve the issue. Also, a quick reset of the Microsoft Store could fix error 0x80073CFE in Windows 10. Unfortunately, people try such solutions before they complain online, so users need more advanced solutions.
This particular issue is not caused by malware or any security issue. Still, there might be some leftovers of the previously active virus or a PUP that cause corruption in some system files and functions of common programs and features. You can check for file damage using a tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and see if the repair on the machine helped with the Microsoft Store error code 0x80073CFE in Windows. If not, you should follow the guide below that lists all the more in-depth fixes for you.
Fix.1 Move the problematic application
- Press Windows logo and I keys.
- Choose Apps category in settings.
- Click Apps & features, find the problematic application on the right.
- Choose it and click Move.
- Choose the hard drive from the drop-down.
- Select the Move button and confirm.
- Check if the issue persists.
Fix.2 Reset Microsoft Store
- Open Run box with Win and R keys.
- Type wsreset.exe and hit OK.
- You should get the Command Prompt window and the window closes when the reset is done.
- Find the Microsoft Store in the Apps category on Settings.
- Choose Advanced options.
- ClickWait till the scan is complete. button.
Fix.3 Check for affected files
- Type in cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on the Command Prompt search result and pick Run as administrator
- Paste the following command link and hit Enter:
- Wait till the scan is complete.
Fix.4 Reset the PC
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Update & security.
- Click Recovery.
- Look for Reset this PC.
- Click Get Started.
- Make sure to select Keep my files to save a backup.
- After the scan, you will see the list of apps that Windows 10 will delete from your PC.
- If you do not wish to delete the apps, click Cancel.
- If you want to proceed, click Next.
- To agree click the Reset button.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.