Issue: How to fix “Error code: 0x000314CE”?
Could you please explain me why my browser displays “Error code: 0x000314CE” so frequently? No matter which browser I use (tried Chrome and Firefox), the pop-up message shows up again and again. The message threatens me as it warns that my hard drive is going to be deleted. I’m urged to call 0800-014-882 for some help. What should I do???
Error code: 0x000314CE pop-up alert on your screen is not a good sign, actually. It is caused by a suspicious browser plug-in, which is known as adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP). Unfortunately, specialists haven’t yet found which particular application causes this misleading messages, which is why it is very important to check the PC’s system properly once Error code: 0x000314CE appears on your PC.
Typically, the alert says:
To STOP Deleting Hard Drive Call:
Please contact technical support Toll Free: 0800-014-8826
ERROR CODE: 0x000314CE
Hard Drive Safety Delete Starting In 3:44
This pop-up message is used for interrupting people during their browsing and misleading them into thinking that their PC’s are infected and that they have to call for a given number for help. Error code: 0x000314CE shows up regardless of the web browser’s type, so no matter if you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari, the message will be there as long as you won’t delete the adware.
Before you remove Error code: 0x000314CE, keep in mind that this is just a rogue tech-support scam and you MUST NOT call the provided number. Otherwise, you may be get into a serious trouble. For example, scammers may swindle a considerable amount of money or you may receive an increased telephone bill the next month.
Recent research revealed that Error code: 0x000314CE pop-up ads show up on PCs right after installing a free software, such as download manager or media player. That’s because the adware or PUP is typically spread via software bundles as an ‘optional component’. Therefore, it’s very important to be very careful with freeware/shareware.
If you don’t want to see annoying pop-ups, you just have to remove Error code: 0x000314CE adware from the computer. In order to do so, you can either check the system manually or scan it with a professional tool like Reimage. This program is a great tool for optimizing PCs and for deleting unwanted programs.
How to fix “Error code: 0x000314CE”?
Instructions for PC users:
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features. (Windows 7 or Vista)
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- Right-click in the lower-left corner of the screen and wait until Quick Access Menu appears. Then go to Control Panel → Uninstall a Program. (Windows 8/10)
- Look through a list of programs that are installed on your computer and find the ones that look suspicious to you.
- Uninstall these programs and click OK.
- Find Mozilla Firefox shortcut on your computer, right-click on it and open its Properties.
- Open Shortcut tab, and find Target Field. You should see a suspicious URL in it – delete it, and click OK.
- Repeat 6-7 steps with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer shortcuts, too.
Instructions for Mac users:
- Click Go → Applications.
- Find all questionable programs, right-click on them and move them to Trash.
- Now, you need to clean each web browser from Error code: 0x000314CE virus components.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox, open its menu (click on three bars in the top right corner of the window), and then go to Add-ons → Extensions.
- In the Extensions panel, look for suspicious browser extensions that you do not remember installing. Click Remove next to extensions that you do not want to keep.
- Now, check if your homepage wasn’t changed by this computer parasite. Open Mozilla Firefox menu once again, and go to Options → General.
- In the Startup section, click Restore to Default, or just enter another Home Page URL and click OK.
- Reset your browser. Again, open Firefox menu, go to Troubleshooting Information and then click Reset Firefox.
- When a pop-up message asking to confirm your choice appears, click Reset Firefox again.
- Launch IE browser, and then open its menu by clicking on the Gear icon, which is at the top right corner of the browser. Then go to Manage Add-ons.
- When the Manage Add-ons window appears, look through all questionable browser extensions and disable them. For that, right-click each of them and then select Disable.
- Open menu once again and go to Internet Options. In General tab, replace the Homepage address with a URL of your choice. Then hit Apply to save.
- Reset IE. Open its menu, go to Internet Options → Advanced. Click Reset.
- When the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window shows up, put a tick next to option Delete personal settings and hit Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, click on three-bar button at the top right corner (Menu button) and go to Tools → Extensions.
- Look for suspicious browser extensions and eliminate them by clicking on Trash icons next to them.
- Open menu again, then go to Settings. Find On startup part, and click Set pages next to Open a specific page or a set of pages option.
- Remove suspicious websites by clicking on X next to them, and then enter a URL of the site that you would like to set as your homepage.
- Then go to Menu → Settings → Manage Search engines.
- When Search engine window shows up, remove all suspicious entries and leave only the search engine that you would like to use on a daily basis.
- Reset Google Chrome. Go to Menu → Settings, then click on Reset Browser Settings button at the bottom of the page.
- Once Reset browser settings window appears, click Reset to confirm your choice.
- Launch Safari, and then find and click Safari in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Then go to Preferences.
- Go to Extensions tab and look for suspicious entries. Uninstall each of them.
- Then go to General tab and check what URL is entered into Homepage box. If you see a suspicious link, remove it and replace it with a website that you want to set as a homepage. Remember that you must type in http:// before entering a preferred URL.
- Reset Safari. Click Safari, and click on Reset Safari… option.
- When Reset Safari pop-up appears, check all checkboxes and click Reset.
It goes without saying that fixing Error code: 0x000314CE manually takes time. On top of that, you can accidentally leave some parts of the adware that causes this malicious pop-up, which is why it may keep covering the screen. That’s why we highly recommend you to fix Error code: 0x000314CE automatically with the help of Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: