Issue: How to fix error code 0x85050041 on Windows 10?
My mail app on Windows 10 cannot sync due to the error code 0x85050041. How can I fix it?
Error code 0x85050041 typically appears when mailing app on Windows 10 cannot sync with mail service. Sometimes it’s a temporary problem that is caused by the mail server. However, the issue might be related to the mail app itself.
When specific problems occur, and mail app syncing cannot be performed, users receive an error message:
Something went wrong
We can’t sync right now. But you may be able to find more
information about this error code at http://answers.microsoft.com.
Error code: 0x85050041
In order to fix 0x85050041, you should start with the easiest solution and install available Windows or mail app updates. However, if it does not help you should check other methods presented below, such as running system file checker, disabling computer’s security or reinstalling mail app.
Instructions to fix error code 0x85050041 on Windows 10
If the installation of the available updates did not help to fix the error, try the furthter methods.
Method 1. Run System File Checker
System File Checker is a built-in tool that allows detecting corrupted system files that might be causing the 0x85050041 error on Windows 10.
- Enter Command Prompt in the Windows search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and choose Run as administrator option.
- In the Command prompt type this entry: sfc /scannow
- Wait until Windows finishes scanning the system. If there will be any problems, you will receive the information about the error and how to fix it. However, if you see “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations” message, you should try the second method.
Method 2. Temporarily disable security software
Windows firewall and antivirus might be causing the error and prevent a mailing app from syncing. Therefore, you should temporarily disable them to see if it’s the source of the error.
Follow these steps to disable antivirus on Windows 10
- Access Windows Defender Security Center by using Windows search box.
- Click on Virus and threat protection entry.
- Find your antivirus program in the list and toggle the setting to off.
- Click Yes in the appeared Allow this app to make changes to your device prompt.
To disable the firewall, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on Firewall and network protection.
- Click on Domain network entry. Here toggle off Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click Yes in the appeared Allow this app to make changes to your device confirmation window.
- Repeat the same steps for Private network and Public network options.
Once security software and firewall are turned off, restart your mail application and try to re-sync. If error code 0x85050041 shows up again, navigate to the third method.
Method 3. Remove and re-add your email account
- Open mail app and click the Settings icon in the left bottom corner.
- Choose Manage accounts option and click your email account you want to delete.
- In the appeared Account settings window click on Delete account option.
- Confirm deletion in the appeared warning message.
Once your account is removed, follow these steps to add it again:
- Navigate to Manage accounts > Add account > Settings.
- Follow the instructions appeared on the screen.
Once you re-add your account, the error code 0x85050041 should be gone.
Method 4. Uninstall and re-install mail app
If none of the previously mentioned methods helped to fix error code 0x85050041, try uninstalling and reinstalling mail app. To remove it from Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Search for powershell using Windows search box.
- Right-click Windows PowerShell and choose Run as administrator option.
- Click Yes on the appeared User Account Control window asking Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?
- In the PowerShell enter this command and click Enter: Get-AppxPackage-AllUser
- In the appeared list of installed apps, find windowscommunicationapps.
- In the PackageFullName section copy all the contents.
- In the PowerShell type Remove-AppxPackage X where X is the content copied in the previous step.
- Click Enter.
Close PowerShell, restart your computer and reinstall the app from Windows Store:
- Open Windows Store and search for the mail app.
- Select Mail and Calendar from the search suggestions.
- Open app page and click Install button.
- Restart your computer and check if the 0x85050041 error was fixed.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.