Issue: How to Fix Error Code: 0xa297sa?
My browser continuously opens pages that warn me about Error Code: 0xa297sa. These alerts typically say that my computer has been blocked and that I must call Microsoft Safety & Security Center. How can I fix this error without calling Microsoft?
If your computer keeps displaying Error Code: 0xa297sa pop-ups, it means that you have a tech support scam malware installed on your computer. It doesn’t, however, mean that you need to call Microsoft support for help, especially via numbers provided by these deceptive pop-ups. If you do, it is very likely that scammers will attempt to trick you into performing tasks that could damage your computer or pose a threat to your privacy.
Finally, you could end up losing money if you decide to buy software suggested by scammers. These phishing sites appearing on your screen might suggest that your system was affected by Harddisk_Rootkit_Trojan_Hijack.exe and urge you to call +1-800-696-4076 or another scam number. Do not do that if you value your time and money. You do not need to find some sophisticated fix for Error Code: 0xa297sa; instead, just remove the tech support scam virus from your system using these easy steps:
Fix Error Code: 0xa297sa easily
Windows users should follow this guide:
- First of all, you will need to close the browser that’s displaying you these pop-ups. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager.
- Close the browser that’s sending you the annoying alerts: select the right process, and select End Task.
- Now, reboot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking. There are two ways to do it. You can just restart your PC and start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard as soon as the computer beeps and then use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and click Enter afterward. You can also just press Windows Key + R at the same time and type msconfig into the Run box. Hit OK, then go to Boot tab and under Boot options select Safe boot. Click OK. Once a pop-up asking when do you want to restart appears, select Restart.
- Now that your computer is in a Safe Mode with Networking, you can start scanning your computer system with the anti-malware program you have. Make sure you update it first. If you do not have a security software, you can try to download it while the computer is in the Safe Mode with Networking. This way, the tech support malware won’t try to interrupt your attempts to launch the security software. We highly recommend using Reimage software, which can not only delete malicious programs from your PC but optimize it afterward the malware removal. In our opinion, it is a great feature.
- Once you have an up-to-date security program on your system, launch it and start scanning the system thoroughly.
- As soon as the anti-malware software detects all dangerous configurations in system settings and malicious files, let it fix them all automatically.
Mac users should follow this guide:
- The first thing you want to do is to kill the browser that’s freezing your Mac and urging you to call the scammers. Therefore, you should click Command+Option+Escape at the same time. Then select the browser that’s displaying these Error Code: 0xa297sa pop-ups and select Force Quit.
- Now scan your Mac with anti-malware software that is compatible with Macs. For programs that could fix your Mac, see this software review page provided by 2-Spyware team.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.