Issue: How to fix ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME error in Windows?
Hello. Recently my Windows 11 PC started crashing frequently. I noticed an ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME error in Event Viewer. How should I fix this?
Windows is a complicated operating system that relies on thousands of processes to keep it running smoothly. Even if one of those processes goes rogue, people can experience bugs, Blue Screen errors, and other crashes. That is why it is so important to keep the system and all of its drivers updated.
Recently, some users reported experiencing the ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME error in Windows. It is said to be related to the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework or Intel Rapid Storage Technology which is a storage controller.
These components could be causing the ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME error because their drivers are outdated or corrupted. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix this error and stop your computer from crashing. However, the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy.
If you want to avoid it, you can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can automatically fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Update Intel DPTF Driver
- Open Device Manager
- Click to expand the Intel Dynamic and Perform Thermal Framework category
- Right-click the Intel Dynamic and Perform Thermal Framework Generic Participant you can see here and choose Update driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the process
Solution 3. Update Motherboard Driver
- Go to the official website of your motherboard manufacturer, then search for your motherboard model
- Go to the driver download page for the motherboard, then download the correct and latest drivers
- You should download the drivers for all the components on your motherboard
- Open the downloaded files and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers on your computer
- For an easier process, you can use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Solution 4. Update Storage Controller Drivers
- Open Device Manager
- Find the Storage Controllers and expand them
- Right-click on them and choose Properties
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver
Solution 5. Use System Restore
- Go to the Start menu, type
restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME error started) and go ahead with the process
Solution 6. Perform a Repair Install
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.