Issue: How to fix Event ID 1026 error in Windows?
Hello. I keep seeing an Event ID 1026 in Event Viewer on my Windows PC. How do I stop these errors?
When the World Wide Web Publishing Service (WWW Service) encounters a problem, Event ID 1026 is logged in the Windows Event Viewer. This error occurs when the service tries to secure the handle of the application pool%1 from HTTP.sys, the kernel-mode driver responsible for HTTP request processing.
This problem can have serious consequences for users who rely on the affected application pool or web server. The affected application pool may fail to start or function properly if an error occurs. As a result, websites or web applications linked to the application pool may become inaccessible or suffer from performance issues.
This can cause a service disruption, affecting the availability and usability of the affected web resources. Users may be unable to access critical web services, encounter errors when attempting to access web pages, or experience slow response times.
To resolve the Event ID 1026 error, you must conduct extensive troubleshooting and identify the underlying cause. Depending on the specific circumstances and configuration of the affected system, there are several potential solutions that can be tried. It is important to note, however, that troubleshooting and resolving this error may necessitate advanced technical knowledge and expertise.
One possible solution is to ensure that all of the application pool's and web server's dependencies and prerequisites are properly installed and configured. This includes checking for and ensuring the correct versions of supporting software components such as the .NET Framework or Internet Information Services (IIS).
In this guide, you will find 4 steps that should help you fix Event ID 1026 error in Windows. You can also try using a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Install the latest version of .NET Framework
- Visit the official .NET Framework download page.
- Click on the latest version available.
- On the next page, click the link to download the runtime version.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 3. Run the .NET Repair Tool
- Open your browser and access the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair tool download page.
- Click on the Download button (under Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool).
- Check the NetFxRepairTool.exe box and uncheck everything else, click Next.
- Double-click on the installation executable that you just downloaded, click Yes when prompted at the UAC (User Account Control).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and check the I have read and accepted the license terms box when prompted by the ToS before clicking on Next.
- The utility should have already begun the scanning of the .NET dependencies installed on your computer, wait until the process is complete.
- Click on Next to automatically apply the repair strategy that the utility recommends.
- Click on Finish to complete the process and restart your PC.
Solution 4. Perform an In-place Upgrade
- Visit the official Windows download website.
- Choose the Windows version.
- Click on the Download Now button under the Create Windows Installation Media section.
- Double-click the downloaded file to launch it.
- Wait for Windows to prepare the setup.
- Click the Yes button when prompted.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Wait for Windows to download the required updates.
- Choose whether to keep your files and apps or not.
- Leave the recommended settings, which is to keep your files and apps since this is an in-place upgrade.
- Click the Install button to start the in-place upgrade.
- Wait for Windows to copy the necessary files to upgrade your device.
- Restart your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.