Issue: How to fix Event ID 4101: amdwddmg, amdkmdag, and OEM errors?
Hello. My computer started crashing and displaying errors constantly. I experience Event ID 4101: amdwddmg, amdkmdag, and OEM errors. Can anyone help me fix this?
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems in the world. It relies on thousands of processes running in the background to keep it working smoothly. When even one component goes rogue, people can experience bugs, lagging, performance issues, and even crashes.
Unfortunately, recently this happened to a number of users. They report seeing Event ID 4101: amdwddmg, amdkmdag, and OEM errors in the Event Viewer. It is an event log intended for software engineers and technicians, to find information about how the system is running. There are often minor errors that users should not be worried about, however, users can also find major issues with the operating system.
Event ID 4101: amdwddmg, amdkmdag, and OEM errors seem to be related to the GPU, chipset, or RAM. There is a possibility that some of the hardware components of your machine are damaged if you experience these crashes. We prepared a 4 step guide to help you fix this.
You can also use a repair tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues if you want to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below carefully.
Method 1. Disable the XMP Profile
The steps differ depending on the manufacturer of your motherboard. As an example, we will use Gigabyte.
- Navigate to your Windows start menu and select Settings
- Find the Update & Security button
- Select Recovery
- Under Advanced startup you will see a Restart now button
- After your PC boots back up, you will be met with a menu
- Select Troubleshoot then Advanced options and UEFI Firmware Settings
- Confirm your restart
- Head down to Advanced Memory Settings
- Select Extreme Memory Profile and change to Disabled
Method 2. Reinstall the Chipset Drivers
The steps may be different depending on your PC. We will use the AMD Ryzen chipset drivers as an example.
- Open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features
- In Programs and Features, double-click on AMD Chipset Software to launch the AMD Chipset Software Installer
- The AMD Chipset Software Installer will display a list of drivers to be uninstalled
- Click Uninstall to proceed
- Click Finish to exit to the Desktop
- Download AMD Ryzen chipset drivers on the AMD Drivers and Support page
- Choose your AMD chipset, and operating system to see a list of the latest drivers and software for your chipset
- Click the Download button when you are ready
- Locate the chipset driver package and double-click the AMD Chipset Software executable file
- The AMD Chipset Software Installer will display a list of supported drivers to be installed
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, click Install to begin the installation process
- Once the installation has been completed successfully, finish the setup by clicking Restart to reboot the system
Method 3. Reinstall GPU drivers
- Search for Device Manager in the search bar and open the utility
- Navigate to Display adapters, right-click on your GPU, and select Properties
- Navigate to the Driver tab and choose Uninstall Device
- Restart your PC
- You can also use a dedicated tool like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your device and install them automatically
Method 4. Contact a Local Computer Store
Some users found that the amdwddmg, amdkmdag, and OEM errors were caused by corrupted or damaged RAM (Random-Access Memory). Once they replaced RAM on their devices the issues disappeared completely. If you have tried out all the other troubleshooting steps but they did not help, think about contacting a computer repair shop.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.