Issue: How to fix Explorer Patcher crashes Windows Explorer in Windows?
Hello. I wanted to try using the Explorer Patcher to customize the taskbar in Windows 11 but it crashed the Windows Explorer. The File Explorer keeps restarting so I cannot use the taskbar. What should I do?
Explorer Patcher is a program that modifies the visual appearance and functionality of Windows Explorer. It is used to customize the look and feel of the Windows operating system, as well as to add features and functionality that are not available in the standard Windows installation.
Explorer Patcher, on the other hand, can cause problems, such as crashing Windows Explorer in Windows 11. This can be aggravating for users because it prevents them from accessing their files and folders and can result in work loss. Furthermore, crashing Windows Explorer can cause other problems, such as the inability to launch applications or perform other critical tasks on the computer.
Uninstalling the Explorer Patcher app and using a different customization tool, or attempting to repair Windows Explorer using built-in Windows tools, are possible solutions to this problem. It is important to note, however, that modifying core Windows functionality may result in problems, and users should exercise caution when using third-party applications for customization.
In this guide, you will find 4 steps that should help you fix Explorer Patcher crashing Windows Explorer in Windows. However, you can also use a repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd into the field and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- This will open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 3. Uninstall Explorer Patcher
- Do not log on to Windows when you are at the log-in screen.
- Use the main screen to restart your computer with advanced options by SHIFT-clicking on the power button and selecting the Restart option.
- Your PC should now reboot and give you multiple start-up options.
- Start with Command Prompt CMD activated.
- In CMD, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Your Control Panel should now open.
- Go to the Installed Applications/Software/Apps section.
- Find and select Explorer Patcher from the list.
- Uninstall Explorer Patcher.
Solution 4. Reset Windows
If none of the previous solutions resolve the issue, consider resetting Windows. Keep in mind that this is a time-consuming process, as the Windows reset will remove all your apps and require reinstallation.
- Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings.
- Press on Update & security.
- Click on Recovery in the left pane.
- In the right pane, click on Reset PC next to Reset this PC.
- Click on either Keep my files (if you want the computer to be reset without losing any of the user data stored on it) or Remove everything (if you want the computer to be reset and any and all user data stored on it to be deleted.
- If presented with a warning, simply click on Next.
- When prompted to do so, click on Reset.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.