Issue: How to fix flashing folder question mark issue on Mac OS?
A flashing folder with a question marks appears every time I try to start up to Mac OS. Rebooting the device and reinstalling hard drives did not help. Any ideas how to solve this?
The issue of flashing question folder mark might take different forms. Some users report the problem to take only several seconds; other complain of not being able to enter the operating system at all. Though there are different speculations about the main reason for such behavior, there is a prevailing opinion that the problem is related with the inefficiencies of bootable drives. The majority of users who encounter this problem cannot proceed further since this bug prevents from loading the screen permanently. Solve the problem by using one or several solutions provided below. Alternatively, startup disk might be at fault for this recurrence. Proceed further by reviewing one of these options.
Option 1. Reselecting startup disk on the system
- Opt for System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click on the Startup Disk icon.
- Select the icon of the volume you normally use to start up the device.
- Exit the System Preferences window.
- Reboot the system. Afterward, the device should start normally without any disturbances.
Option 2. If you cannot find an installed bootable drive
Boot the computer from a bootable USB flash drive. Press and hold down the option key while restarting the device. In te newly opened list, locate all available drives for rebooting. If this method is ineffective, then the USB drive might be configured incorrectly. We also suggest running MacKeeper MacKeeper to check the system for cyber infections which might cause such phenomenon.
Option 3. Mac fails to startup, flashing question mark remains
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
- Press the power button once to turn your Mac back on. After hearing the startup sound, immediately press and hold the Command and R keys to initiate Mac OS X Recovery. Keep holding the two keys held until you notice an Apple logo.
- Choose a wi-fi network to connect to the Internet as part of a startup.
- When the recovery screen emerges, navigate to the Apple menu and click Startup Disk.
- Choose the one you would prefer and initiate the process with clicking Restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.