Issue: How to Fix Hard Drive Not Detected On Windows 10?
Please help! The second hard drive is not detected after upgrading to Windows 10.
Microsoft Community is making a fuss over Windows 10 Anniversary update again. This time, the upgrade has caused a hard drive to disappear. In other words, if usually you open This PC and see two hard disk on the list, after upgrading Windows 10 you may find out that either a primary or the secondary hard disk is not being detected. In most of the cases, this Windows Anniversary Update bug occurs on PCs that have several diverse drives at the same time (PATA, SATA, SDD, M.2, etc.). This problem emerges due to the fact that Windows system skips the secondary drive during the upgrade, which is why it disappears from the list. Luckily, it doesn’t mean that the missing drive on the Windows 10 has been lost permanently along with the data stored on it. To put it simply, it is hidden and needs to be re-enabled. Luckily, it’s not difficult to fix this issue without the help of IT specialists. We’ve prepared a solution and provide the down below in the most comprehensive way.
How to Fix Hard Drive Not Detected after Windows 10 Anniversary Update?
The thing that you have to do is to re-enable the missing hard disk using Disk Management. For that, follow these steps:
- Right-Click Windows key at the bottom left corner and select Disk Management.
- Now you should see the list of drives that are connected to your PC/laptop. Pick out the one that is not being detected by the system. It should be indicated as Unallocated partition.
- Right-click on it and select Change drive letter and paths.
- Click on Add to open Add Drive Letter or Path window.
- Choose Assign the following drive letter and click the letter that to name your drive.
- Finally, click OK and close all windows.
- Reboot your PC and navigate to This PC. Check if the drive has been added to the list.
NOTE: Each Windows user should install a PC optimization tool and keep it up-to-date. Why? Having in mind how many bugs Windows 10 update causes these days, software that is capable of detecting and fixing them automatically would be a great solution. If you have never tried a PC optimization software before, then you have to know that these programs are designed to clean up registries, fix startup problems, take care of the updates, protect from malware, and so on. If you consider trying, you can install one of the following programs:
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: