Issue: How to Fix High CPU Usage by Ravbg64.exe?
I’ve noticed multiple ravbg64.exe instances on Task Manager. Besides, each of these processes take up minimum 20% of CPU. Even if the only ravbg64.exe process is run, it uses more cpu than it is supposed to (I don’t think that 40% is reasonable consumption). I ran the scan with Norton, but no virus has been found. What should I do to fix high CPU usage by ravbg64.exe?
Security experts have noticed people’s concern about the ravbg64.exe process expressed on various IT-related forums. Windows users have accidentally noticed that this process either runs several instances or consumes a huge amount of CPU resources (sometimes up to 50%). The fact that this process may be related to a virus infection worries people the most. In fact, system processes like ravbg64.exe are often misused by hackers to conceal malicious processes and prevent virus detection. Therefore, if you have noticed other signs typical for virus infection, such as unusual error messages, slowdowns, freezes, unresponsive software, block of security-related websites, etc., accompanied by multiple ravbg64.exe processes or high CPU usage, we would strongly recommend to perform a thorough system scan with a professional anti-malware, for example, Reimage.
If your anti-virus finds zero infections, it means that the culprit of the irrelevant high CPU usage by ravbg64.exe is related to Realtek HD driver or Realtek Audio programs. Usually, this malfunction starts after the installation of Windows updates or some important programs.
IMPORTANT: This process is a part of Realtek HD audio background process, meaning that it cannot be deleted of modified. Luckily, there are a couple of useful tips that may help you to optimize ravbg64.exe’s resource consumption.
How to Fix High CPU Usage by Ravbg64.exe?
Option 1. Restart Realtek Audio Programs
- Press Windows key + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and locate Realtek.
- Find a check box next to Realtek startup items, check it, and select Disable all.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- After that, right-click Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category.
- Right-click on the Realtek audio device and select Disable.
- Once done, repeat the steps 1-7 to enable both Realtek startup items and Realtek audio device.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Option 2. Try a simple registry hack
Before any interference to the registries, it’s advisable to backup all the registries. For that, refer to the instructions provided on the official Microsoft’s website. Then perform the following steps:
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Use the left pane to navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE directory.
- Find SRS Labs under Software. If the key is present, move on to the next ravbg64.exe error solution method.
- If the key is missing, right-click on Software and select New -> Key.
- Name the key as SRS Labs.
- When the key is created, right-click on it and select Add -> Subkey.
- Name it as APO.
- Now you can close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
Option 3. Reinstall Realtek Audio drivers
- Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers, right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Uninstall.
- If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- Now close everything and reboot the system.
- Open Device Manager as explained in step 1.
- Click Action tab on the toolbar.
- Select Scan for Hardware Changes and wait until the system detects the missing hardware.
- Click Install driver. The system now should find the latest version of the Realtek driver automatically.
- If for some reason this process ends up with the failure, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers manually.
Hopefully, these simple steps helped you to fix ravbg64.exe error and now the CPU consumption went back to normal.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.