Issue: How to fix INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT Blue Screen in Windows?
Hello. Recently, when using my computer I experienced an INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT Blue Screen. I am using Windows 10. Can this error be fixed?
Blue Screen crashes in Windows can be very intimidating. Recently, some users reported encountering the INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT Blue Screen. Such crashes completely interrupt users' work and any unsaved progress disappears. With our help, you should be able to get rid of this error.
There is no specific reason why this BSOD crash may happen. There are various possibilities – your system files could be corrupted, third-party antivirus software could be causing malfunctions or your drivers are outdated. Sometimes BSOD crashes can also be a symptom of hardware failure.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT Blue Screen in Windows. If none of the solutions work, you should consider bringing your device to a repair shop to check the hardware. You can also try using an automatic repair tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9.
It can fix most system errors (including BSODs), corrupted files, and registry issues. It can also clear your system from cookies and cache which are often the culprits behind many malfunctions. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run the BSOD Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings and go to the Update & Security section
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Method 2. Update Windows
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Method 3. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 4. Check Disk
- Enter the Advanced Startup (Restart your computer while holding the Shift key).
- Choose Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced Options
- Select Command Prompt
- When it appears, enter the following lines and press Enter:
chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:
- Restart your computer
Method 5. Update Drivers
- Press Windows key + S and write device manager
- Hit the Enter button to proceed
- Look for the exclamation marks near any devices on the console
- If found, expand them, right-click and select the Update driver option
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- You can also use a tool like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your device and update them automatically
- After these steps, the newer version (if available) of the following driver will automatically download
- Restart Windows
Method 6. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes third-party security tools can interfere with legitimate Windows processes because it is seeing them as malicious and cause various errors, bugs or crashes. If you have any antivirus installed on your computer, remove it to see if it fixes the issue:
- Go to Apps & features
- Find third-party antivirus in the list
- Click on it once and then click Uninstall
- Wait for the process to finish and check if you can install updates
Method 7. Perform a Clean Install
Performing a clean install wipes out data from the PC, so please create backups before you proceed.
- Download the ISO file for Windows 10
- Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next
- Select ISO file and click Next
- Click Finish
- Open the Windows ISO file you downloaded
- Open Setup and click Next
- Click Accept (Be prepared to wait; this next part may take a while)
- Click Install
- Wait for your system to restart and install Windows
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Device driver. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.