Issue: How to fix iTunes.exe Bad Image error on Windows 10?
When I launch iTunes on my Windows 10 computer, I receive an ITUNES.EXE – Bad Image error. How can I solve the problem?
iTunes.exe – Bad Image error on Windows 10 can be caused by numerous problems. The error might pop-up and prevent from launching the app due to the corrupted system files, available or recently installed updates.
The majority of users report that this bad image error usually occurs when users try to open iTunes on Windows. Then they receive this error message:
iTunes.exe – Bad Image [file path] is either not designed to run on Windows, or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
However, contacting system administrator or support is not needed. You can try to fix iTunes.exe Bad Image error yourself. We have prepared a couple of methods that should help you.
6 methods to fix iTunes.exe Bad Image error on Windows 10
There are a couple of methods that can help to fix iTunes exe bad image error. Below you can find six the most popular methods that help to get rid of this problem.
Option 1. Check for corrupted system files using System File Checker
- Click Win + X keys and open Command Prompt (Admin) from the appeared list.
- In the Command Prompt enter the following command to run the Deployment Image Servicing tool: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Enter sfc /scannow command and click Enter to run System File Checker.
- Wait until the scan is over and reboot the computer if corrupted system files were repaired.
Option 2. Repair iTunes
- Click Win + R keys to open Run program.
- In Run, enter appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- You will end up in Uninstall or change a program window.
- Find iTunes and click on it.
- Click Change button and choose the Repair option.
- Restart your computer after repairing the problem.
Option 3. Uninstall and reinstall iTunes
Reinstalling iTunes might help to get rid of the error. To remove the program from Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel.
- Access Programs > Programs and Features.
- Find the program in the list and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstallation guide on the screen.
Reboot the computer if needed and install iTunes again:
- Access iTunes download website and click Download Now button.
- Click Save button and Run when the download is completed.
- Follow the installation guide.
- Once you re-installed the program, check if the iTunes.exe Bad Image error is fixed. If not, try the fourth method.
Option 4. Uninstall and reinstall QuickTime
QuickTime is an application that is necessary for iTunes operate properly. If there are some problems with a program, reinstalling it might help to fix iTunes.exe Bad Image error on Windows 10. You can uninstall it by following the steps provided in the 3rd option. Then download the program from the official website.
Option 5. Install Windows 10 updates
- Click Start and access Settings.
- Navigate to Update & security > Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates button.
- If there are any updates, install them.
Option 6. Uninstall recent updates that may have triggered iTunes exe bad image error
- Click Start and navigate to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Click Update history link.
- Click Uninstall updates.
- In the Uninstall an update page, select the update you want to remove and click Uninstall button.
- Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Click Restart Now to finish the task.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.