Issue: How to fix KB5015730 fails to install?
Hello. I tried to install the latest update KB5015730 on my Windows 10 computer but it does not work. What should I do?
Windows is an operating system developed by Microsoft. It is used by many different people in corporate environments as well as homes. Mostly, people love it for its user-friendly interface, customization abilities, built-in troubleshooters, and more. Microsoft also regularly releases updates that contain security patches, bug fixes, and even new features.
However, sometimes people encounter issues when trying to install the latest Windows updates. Recently, some users reported the KB5015730 update installation process failing. It is a cumulative update that addresses issues with SSL negotiations and render-thread failures caused by synchronization Wait on the UI thread.
There are many different reasons why this could be happening. The problem could be caused by stopped Windows services, malfunctioning update components, or even corrupted system files. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that could help you fix KB5014699 fails to install on Windows issue.
However, manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process. You can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that can scan your machine and automatically fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Besides, this powerful software can delete cookies and cache which are often the culprits of malfunctions.
Solution 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows + X keys and go to Settings
- Go to Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter
- Select Additional troubleshooters
- Run the Update troubleshooter
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Restart Windows Services
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box
- Type in services.msc and press OK
- Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK
- If the status is Running, right-click then select Restart
- Locate Windows Update service and double-click it
- If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and OK. If the status is Running, right-click, then select Restart
Solution 4. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open Command Prompt as administrator again
- Copy and paste the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*”
rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Restart your PC
Solution 5. Install the Update Manually
Whenever Windows updates fail to install automatically, you can always try doing it manually. First, you need to find out which KB number is relevant to you.
- Right-click Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right, locate and click View update history
- From the list, note the KB number that fails to install with the error code
- Go to Microsoft Update Catalog page, type in the KB number and press Search
- Download the update and install it manually
Solution 6. Use Windows Installation Media
- Download Windows 10 installation media from the official website
- Open the tool once it installed
- Agree to license terms
- Choose Upgrade this PC now
- Wait for the update to be installed
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.