Issue: How to fix KB5018427 fails to install in Windows 11?
Hello. I tried to install the newest Windows 11 update KB5018427 but the process fails. How do I fix this?
Microsoft regularly releases updates for Windows. They contain new features, bug fixes, or security patches. They are incredibly important and help keep the operating system running smoothly as well as protect it from various vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers.
Recently, Microsoft released a new update KB5018427 for Windows 11. It addresses security issues and makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. However, some people were unsuccessful when trying to install it.
There are many things that could cause KB5018427 to fail to install. Generally, the updating process is interrupted because of corrupted system files, malfunctioning Windows services, or network configurations. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix the issue.
Keep in mind, that manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process. You can use a maintenance tool, like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to scan your machine. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues automatically Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Method 4. Switch to Google DNS
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter
- Right-click on your network adapter and choose Properties
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click on Properties
- Check Use the following DNS server addresses
- Set Preferred DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199
- Click on Apply to save the changes and restart your PC
- Check for updates
Method 5. Install the Update Manually
If automatic download would not succeed, we recommend trying to download and install the update manually.
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Type the KB number KB5018427 into the search bar, and press Enter or click Search
- You will find many different versions on the update – you need to find the one that matches your PC specs and Windows version (as a home user, ignore Windows server versions)
- After picking the correct version, click the Download button and proceed with on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once done.
Method 6. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ October 11, 2022—KB5018427 (OS Build 22621.674). Microsoft. Windows Support.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.