Issue: How to fix laptop speakers bass is boosted after 20H2 Windows update?
Hello. I tried to fix it myself, but I cannot figure out what happened. After a recent upgrade of the OS, my laptops' speaker bass seems to be boosted a lot. This happened after the 20h2 update. I rolled back the update – it doesn't change anything with the sound. This boosted audio is not okay, so help me change it back, please.
The issue when laptop speakers bass is boosted after 20H2 Windows update is frustrating because users report not changing any settings themselves, so the alteration happened out of nowhere and cannot be easily changed back. Windows 10 updates can fix various issues and bugs, solve problems known from the previous upgrade version, so recent OS updates can help, but in this case, they also trigger different problems.
Stability and performance issues like laptop speakers bass are boosted after 20H2 Windows update can occur out of nowhere because of the faulty update or the particular issue with compatibility with software, hardware, other applications. It is a common cause of issues with Windows devices because the system requires a bunch of various files and pieces that are needed for all the activities.
This issue can be annoying because when speakers' bass is boosted after the 20H2 update, people cannot properly use their machines. Various other issues might occur alongside this problem with audio when files are corrupted or missing. It is important not to only fix the problem but to find a root cause of this issue, so additional problems do not interfere with your usage of the computer.
You should go through the methods below to fix laptop speakers' bass is boosted after 20H2 Windows update, but you might want to check some issues before. You must be sure that the right audio drivers are used and check if the version is up to date, so the procedures using those drivers run smoothly. You can install those pieces yourself, or they come with the OS installation and get updated. You can make sure and check or even update them using the method below.
As for the reasons behind this sound issue on Windows 10, troubleshooting can offer some information. We just want to note that security is not an issue in this case. Malware or PUPs cannot affect such settings or different processes, but infections might trigger changes in the system folders, so running a FortectMac Washing Machine X9 can help check for infections and damage of the malware.
#1 Run Windows audio troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Then Troubleshoot.
- And additional tprubleshooters.
- On the right-hand side, look for and select Playing audio.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- This will detect and fix windows 10 audio sound problems.
- Restart Windows after that and check the audio.
#2 Restart Audio service to fix laptop speakers bass is boosted after 20H2 Windows update
- Press Windows + R.
- Type services.msc and ok.
- Scroll down and look for Windows Audio Service.
- Right-click on Windows audio service and select restart.
- Check if the startup type is set to automatic in Properties.
- Click apply and ok to make save changes.
- Do the same with AudioEndpointbuildert service.
#3 Update drivers
- Press Windows + X select Device manager.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click installed sound driver and then select Update Driver.
- This will check for the latest updated audio driver for your PC.
- Choose to automatically download and install drivers for you.
- Restart Windows.
DriverFix can also do this updating and checking for you automatically.
#4 Reinstall drivers to fix speakers bass is boosted after Windows update
- Again open device manager.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click the sound driver and then select uninstall the device.
- Now download the latest audio driver software for your PC from the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
- Restart Windows and check if this helps after the reinstallation.
#5 Turn off enhancements of the audio
- Select the Start button.
- Type Sound in the search box.
- Then select the Sound Control Panel from the list of results.
- On the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device.
- Then select Properties.
- On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements checkbox and try to play your audio device.
- If that doesn’t work, select Cancel.
- Then on the Playback tab, select another default device if you have one.
- Select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again.
- Do this for each default device.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.