Issue: How to fix log in error 0x80860010 in Windows?
Hello. I tried to sync OneNote but it asks me to log in and then shows a 0x80860010 error. Due to this, I cannot access any information in OneNote. How do I fix this?
Error code 0x80860010 is a login error that can occur in Windows when users try to log into a Microsoft app, such as OneDrive, OneNote, Office, etc. This error can prevent users from accessing their files or data stored in the affected app. For example, if a user is trying to log into OneDrive, they may not be able to access any of their files or documents stored in OneDrive.
Similarly, if a user is trying to log into OneNote, they may not be able to access any of their notes or information stored in OneNote. This issue can affect users in different ways, depending on the Microsoft App they are trying to log into. It is unknown why exactly this issue appears.
There are a couple of possible solutions to log in error 0x80860010 in Windows. For some users, the issue disappeared after running the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter. People can also try to repair Office or Microsoft 365 applications via Windows Settings. If none of these methods work, users might have to reinstall Office completely.
Keep in mind that the log in error 0x80860010 in Windows can pop up because of underlying system issues. You can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
The Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows that helps users troubleshoot and fix issues with apps from the Windows Store. It can help users fix problems such as apps that won't open, apps that crash, apps that don't update or install correctly.
- Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Select the System section and scroll down until you see Troubleshoot and click on it
- Click on Other troubleshooters to see more troubleshooters available on your computer
- Scroll down at the bottom until you see Windows Store Apps
- Click on Run to start the troubleshooting process
- Wait until the process is complete
Solution 2. Repair Office Application
If a Microsoft 365 application like Word or Excel is malfunctioning, attempting a restart may resolve the issue. If this is not successful, try repairing the application.
- Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of Windows
- Select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu
- Select the Microsoft Office product you want to repair and select Modify
- Depending on the type of Office installation, you'll see the following options:
- In the window How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair > Repair to fix everything
- Quick Repair option is also available, but it only detects and replaces corrupted files
- In Change your installation, select Repair and then click Continue
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair
Note: This process will repair the entire Office suite, even if the issue is with only one application, such as Word or Excel.
Solution 3. Reinstall Microsoft 365
Install the Office uninstall support tool from the official Microsoft website. Download the uninstall support tool according to your browser:
Edge or Chrome:
- Right-click SetupProd_OffScrub.exe in the lower-left corner > Open
Edge (older) or Internet Explorer:
- Select Run to launch SetupProd_OffScrub.exe at the bottom of the browser window
- In the pop-up window, select Save File
- Then from the upper-right browser window, select the downloads arrow > SetupProd_OffScrub.exe
Note: The tool may take a few minutes to download and install. Once the installation is complete, the “Uninstall Office products” window will open.
- Select the version you want to uninstall, and then select Next
- Follow through the remaining screens and when prompted, restart your computer
- After you restart your computer, the uninstall tool automatically re-opens to complete the final step of the uninstall process
- Follow the remaining prompts
- Select the steps for the version of Office you want to install or reinstall
- Close the uninstall tool
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.
- ^ Difference between Cache and Cookies. Geeksforgeeks. IT Education.