Issue: How to fix Mfplat.dll missing on Windows 10?
Hello, I have recently encountered an error while trying to use PLEX application. The message says that Mfplat.dll is missing and I should install Microsoft Media Future Pack. Can you help me and provide guidelines on how to fix Mfplat.dll missing error on Windows 10?
“Mfplat.dll missing” is an error which might appear after recent Windows update. This bug is related to the missing DLL file from the Windows Media Future pack and prevents users from using video streaming services, like PLEX or similar applications.
Researchers also receive reports that Mfplat.dll missing error may occur when trying to run certain video games which also use Microsoft Media Future pack. Usually, this pack is installed automatically by the program which requires it or during Windows updates. Although, some installers may not include Media Future pack.
The main reason why you may encounter Mfplat.dll missing error is that your computer is using Windows N. This version of the operating system does not include Microsoft Media Future pack by default. Thus, users are informed about missing Mfplat.dll file and prevented from using specific applications.
Mfplat.dll missing error displays the following message to the users:
You possibly have Windows N. Please install the Media Future Pack by Microsoft to enable video support! (Google: Media Future Pack Windows 10/8.1/7).
IT experts also speculate about other potential culprits of Mfplat.dll missing error. Since it is hard to determine the exact one, they list several ones below:
- Windows Update might have disabled the Media Playback service;
- The specific installer of the application does not include Media Future Pack;
- The user manually rejects the installation of Media Future Pack;
- Windows require an update along with a new version of Media Future Pack.
Luckily, along with the potential causes of this error, our researchers have come up with several ways how to fix Mfplat.dll missing error on Windows 10. You can find detailed instructions which will guide you through the procedure step-by-step at the end of this article.
Fix Mfplat.dll missing error on Windows 10
Before you proceed to the manual Mfplat.dll missing error fix, we advise you to scan your computer with a reliable system optimization tool. Reimage can help you identify potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) or missing and damaged DLLs that can deliver Mfplat.dll missing error.
Method 1. Install Media Future Pack on Windows N
Step 1. Identify Windows version
- Click on the Start Menu and type About;
- Select About this PC and open About tab;
- Find Windows Specifications section and check if your computer is using Windows 10 N.
Step 2. Download and install Media Future Pack
- Download the Media Future Pack from the here;
- Press Confirm;
- Wait for the download to complete;
- Double-click on the payload and follow on-screen instructions;
- Reboot your computer.
Method 2. Use Command Prompt to enable Media Playback
- Press Windows key + R and type cmd;
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter at the same time;
- Click Yes in the User Account Control (UAC) pop-up window;
- Enter the following command and hit Enter:
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback
- Close Command Prompt and restart your computer.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: