Issue: How to fix Microsoft Access database (accdb file corruption)?
Hello, I have an issue with Microsoft Access .accdb file. I was working just fine and recently it became corrupted or something else went wrong. The format of the file each time is alerted as unrecognizable. I haven't installed or changed anything in recently that could cause anything like that. I only had to suddenly shut down my PC once. I don't have a backup of those files either. Is there any way to fix the issue and repair the file?
Microsoft Access database can become corrupt or even damaged at any point and once it happens the ACCDB or MDB files become useless because the database cannot access those needed files. Due to this error users are forced to stop their project work. This is a common issue, but repairing the particular accdb file is not the only solution.
The causes of the Microsoft Access database corruption can differ, but the main reasons may be failed hardware or software, sudden system shutdowns or even virus and malware attacks. Using incorrect file recovery systems or updating your programs from suspicious sources can cause these conflicts on the machine.
In simple words when Microsoft Access database gets corrupted the data inside cannot be used and may be at the risk of permanent loss. Your files can get damaged too, including MDB and ACCDB files. The database works as a management system for storing various files and retrieving them when required.
Microsoft Access database or particular accdb file corruption can occur when writing operations get interrupted or defective network hardware got involved. Such files also get damaged when you try to open the data with the non-native or shady program. Sudden system shutdowns can also cause these database issues. As per solutions, read the tips and particular methods below.
Ways to fix Microsoft Access database (accdb file corruption)
Since there are a few reasons involving software and hardware of your machine, you should check all those possible causes firstly. Microsoft Access database or particular file corruption can be automatically fixed if you troubleshoot and solve the errors indicated by system tools like Reimage. This program can also detect malware that can be associated with such errors and corruption of files. Installing an effective antivirus program on the machine can handle all the malware attacks and avoid things like this or more significant damage.
Compact and Repair Database
- Open the Access application and select the Database Tools tab.
- Then click the Compact and Repair Database option at the top.
- From there you should encounter a window where you need to select a database file that needs the repair.
- Press the Compact button and enter a new file title in the dialog box that opens.
- Select a folder to save the data in.
- Try to open the fresh database in Access.
Run a file checker to fix Microsoft Access database (accdb file corruption)
- Go to Command Prompt with administrative right and enter the following commands to run the needed processes and press Enter after each one:
Use Jet Compact Utility to fox Microsoft Access database corruption
- Download the application and launch it.
- Click the Browse button in the window that appears and choose the folder to extract Jet Comp to.
- Open the folder that has extracted utility and click JetComp.exe to one the Database Compact window.
- Select the corrupted database by clicking … button.
- Choose the path to save the compacted database.
- Press Compact.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: