Issue: How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x8004010F?
Hello there. I have been using Outlook for work for a very long time and never had problems with it. However, recently I cannot send or receive any messages via Outlook, and it comes up with the following error: “Reported error (0x8004010F) – Outlook data file cannot be accessed.” Is there any way of fixing this issue? I need my email to work for work! Please help.
Outlook is one of the most popular email service used by many high-profile organizations, corporations, governmental institutions, as well as regular users. However, Outlook errors are common, and users often rush to find solutions on how to fix error 0x8004010F or similar.
Users encounter a 0x8004010F error while trying to send or receive emails using Outlook. The error can be seen as follows:
- 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
- 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
0x8004010F is one of the Microsoft Outlook errors, which may occur due to some failure profile corruption when trying to transfer the Outlook. PST file. Additionally, users might encounter the error due to corrupted system files, the conflict of antivirus with the software, or Windows Firewall settings.
A 0x8004010F error shows up when a PC owner attempts to install, update Outlook or perform tasks, such as send/receive email messages, configure it, and so on. The occurrence of a 0x8004010F error is not restricted to a single Windows version, so Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, XP, and Vista may encounter it one day. If you belong to the group of people who cannot use Outlook due to the 0x8004010F error, we are going to help you right now.
Fix 1. Copy your Outlook data file and create new account
- Go to Outlook and click on Account Settings
- Select the problematic account and click on Change Folder
- Enter the new name for the folder and click OK
- Now expand the newly created folder, select Inbox and then click OK
- In the account settings window, click Change Folder again
- Pick the correct data file this time and press OK
- Go to Data Files and remove the temporary folder
- Close down the Account Settings window and press Send/Receive
Fix 2. Disable your anti-virus software
Some of the experts claim that Outlook error 0x8004010F may be triggered by the antivirus installed on the system. That’s not surprising because anti-malware conflicts with other software, and Microsoft Office applications are not an exception. To disable your antivirus, you have to disable its process via Task Manager first. Follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
- In the process tab scroll down to find your anti-virus software running
- Right-click on it and select End task
Additionally, you can uninstall the security software you are using and replace it with another compatible program (note that rogue anti-malware software can harm your PC).
Fix 3. Temporary disable Firewall
The next thing that you can try to fix 0x8004010F error is to change the settings of Windows Firewall. For this purpose, do the following:
- Press Windows key + R and type in Firewall.cpl, and hit Enter
- On the left pane, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- Turn Firewall off for private and public network and click OK
Fix 4. Run System File Checker
System File Checker is an excellent tool to find corrupted system files and repair them automatically. Follow these steps to enter Command Prompt:
- Click Win key + S, type cmd, and press Enter
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- Reboot the system.
Fix 5. Update Windows
If the previous fixes did not help, it highly recommended to install Windows updates. That’s an easy task to do. Here are the steps:
- Right click on Start button and select Settings
- Go to Updates & Security
- Go to the Windows Updates and click Check for Updates option
- If there are some available updates, select Run the Updates
- Once done, reboot your PC.
Finally, if these steps did not help to fix 0x8004010F error, our last recommendation would be to reinstall Microsoft Office or try to troubleshoot the system with the help of PC optimization software, such as ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.